Roman (Ch.14)

"I'm lost... Why did you punch me and why did that hurt him so much and what is going on and why are you..." They both looked back at me with looks that shut me up right away. Oh god it's like having to Virgil's. Which normally I would be happy about, I the the guy but... Right now they are mad at me.

"Oh I don't know, how about the fact that you his feelings."

"He's a nightmare." A tensed up and Draak looked away. There I go again being harsh and rude for no reason. "That's... That's not... Sorry. What else? I know there has to be more of a reason for you punching me. That's not really the type of person you are."

"Actually..." Draak raised his hand slightly and looked over at us. "That not the type of person... I am. A over here is that type of person. I really don't understand how your the good one."

"OH MY GOD DRAAK. THERE IS NO GOOD ONE THERE IS JUST US."

"No... there is most definitely a good one. Example... LOGAN!" Logan looked up confused at why his name was finally called. " Lets say... hypothetically... A and I were two sides of Virgil, similar to how you all are for Thomas. A, here is the aggressive type but also the loving type. He is Anxiety. I am creative and poetic, but emotional, powerful and... am the cause of his power hurting him so much. I am his nightmare. Which one of us would you classify as the good one... and which is the bad?"

"That isn't fair Draak, your setting yourself up for failure."

"And you wouldn't?" A went to say something but stopped and got this look of defeat.

"I don't understand the question. You seem to base it on the possibility of a side having sides but that would be impossible." Both the boys went wide eyed and looked away. It was impossible... right? Unless they weren't actual sides like us but were... something different but fundamentally the same. I am not the thinker here ok Logan is so he should be figuring it all out, not me.

"It's not entirely false Hun. I mean... uh..." We all looked at Patton. He was currently freaking out trying to pretend nothing was said. "I mean... I don't know anything." He started whistling and I snapped.

"PATTON!" He threw his arms in the air and jumped back. "What do you know?"

"Uh..." He looked back at the boys and smiled apologetically. They just shook there heads. A waved him on, and Patton turned to look back at me, stone faced and entirely serious.

"Patton, what don't we know?" He just sighed and looked at the floor. The boys both sat on the bed pulling their knees up to there chest. Logan walked over by we and looked at Patton confused.

"Hun?"

"A isn't Virgil."

"Yes he is. He even...

"No Roman. He's not... Not entirely."

"Patton, please explain. I'm sure Roman is... well just as confused as I am." Patton looked up at us and he took a deep breath.

"When Virgil set fire to the hollow... he split himself into two parts. A, who is the part of Virgil that is Thomas's Anxiety and then..."

"Me." We look at Draak and he's just sitting there. He never even glances in our direction. "I The part of him that made him a nightmare. I'm the son of the Dragon witch. Ironically enough, since A is the dragon. I'm the monster."

"If you keep talking bad about yourself, I will physically fight you."

"Leave it to dad to love his son so unconditionally that this.." Draak gestured to both himself and A. "This didn't change anything. Your love never faltered once. You knew exactly who I was and you accepted it right away."

"If there is one thing I have that I will never run out of... and NEVER change... It's my love for my sons." The boys both smiled at that. Logan went over and hugged Patton, who was starting to cry himself. Meanwhile, I just stood back. "Roman, kiddo. Are you alright you have this blank look."

"I'm sorry I didn't understand any of that... Can you maybe... explain it again."