Draak (Ch.8)

"I'm bored!" I spun myself in the office chair ever so... NOT gently. I totally kicked everything including the table still filled with papers. I wish I had a book. I wish I had some paper. I wish I had a guitar, or some paint, or markers. ANYTHING! Sitting in this room is the most boring thing ever. Why am I even still in here? 

"Virgil?" Yes... Though I suppose, not the one you're looking for. I stopped spinning just as the door opened, to see Patton behind it. He looked worried. He did just see one of his sons with a bullet wound in his shoulder. Though A probably went out to train as soon his arm got fixed. He was not going to forget about me saving him. He really is a Roman Patton fusion. I guess if I thought about it, I would be an emo fusion between Roman and Logan. Logan is really good with poetry. That rap battle he did, sent shivers. Patton came in and sat on the bed. he was looking at his hands as he twiddled his thumbs.

"Is there anything you..."

"Are the part of Virgil that was missing?" I stared wide-eyed. There is no way that A would have told anyone anything. Dad was always way too perceptive of his sons. I got up and bowed, taking my hat off as I did.

"Draak, nice to make your acquaintance." Patton just smiled sadly.

"You... What happened?" I put my hat back on and sat down.

"What do you mean?"

"How did you... I don't how to ask."

"A told you about the explosion right?" He just nodded, laying down on the bed to look at the ceiling. "My fire is dark, tainted.  While, his are purifying. They don't mix."

"He said that his flames were the only thing that could kill a nightmare." Well, He wasn't entirely wrong.

"At that time, yes. This was the only thing that could do anything against them. Marcos wasn't going to stop until we were dead, or him. So Virgil did the only thing he could. Unfortunately, it affected himself as well." Patton seemed to have been deep in thought, taking everything in.

"Yeah, Virgil said something about it having killed is own nightmare." He said I died. Well, that's very kind of him... NOT!

"Killed, hardly more like kicked out." Patton furrowed his eyes before shooting up in shock. 

"You're a nightmare?" I nodded and closed my eyes preparing for the onslaught of monster comments my kind always gets. It's not easy you know. Sure You get people like Marcos, who take advantage and are basically evil. But then You have people like Virgil, who is the exact opposite. I'm not a monster, I'm am... well a nightmare... That really doesn't sound any better, does it? I opened my eyes and was met by a very loving smile. "You're... You're not... scared?"

"Scared? Even if your only part of him, You are still my son." He came over and wrapped me in a hug. I am not good with the whole touchy-feely stuff. Yes, I am emotional but I am a loner as well. Though... Dad's hugs are always an exception.

"Why Draak?" I look up to see Patton looking back at me confused.

"Virgil has gone by three different names. I guess I felt more like a Draak then anything else."

"So A?"

"His name is Anxiety, He just likes A better. It's what everyone at the refuge called him for like 3 years." His face darkened a bit.

"If A was at the refuge for those 3 years..." He looked back up at me with concern. "Where were you?" Well, I guess it's a good a time as any...

"I was with the girls... Emma and Bast. We were doing our own spy work of sorts." Funny, I actually miss that cat...

Maybe I should call her. After all, A has Ember. Why shouldn't I have my pet?