A (Ch.1)

A! WAKE UP!

I opened my eyes to pounding in my head. GOD DAMN IT DRAAK. Why won't you leave me alone? I looked down and cursed at myself. I fell asleep again. I'm never going to find her if I keep falling asleep at the damn table.

Maybe you should actually go to sleep on your bed then.

Shut up! I moved from the office chair and made my way to the bathroom. It was about 4 in the morning so I had to be really quiet. When I got there I turned the water on and just splashed my face, causing my already dead looking hair to stick to my forehead. I wiped my face and just stood there staring at my reflection.

Take better care of yourself or else Virgil is going to take the hit.

I AM VIRGIL!

No, WE are Virgil.

Whatever... I pulled myself from the mirror and went back to work. I had papers I had to sift through. Documents I had to check. Sarah did a lot and I have to go through it all. I have to find her... for Cara.

Sarah is still going to be gone and Cara is still going to be dead... The choice is whether or not you want to join them... TAKE A DAMN BREAK!

"Asshole." I said as I through some papers into the air making a huge mess. I sighed and went to pick them up.

"I'm sorry?" I looked up to see Logan in the doorway, a worried looked on his face. I glanced over to the side and just went back to picking up the papers. "I am sure you are aware of your current state but..."Logan stopped and looked away. He was obviously very upset. "...please rest. We're all worried about you."

Maybe you will listen to him... Since you keep disregarding everything I say.

"I am sorry Logan but I have a lot of work I have to do. Plus Lucas and I are going to go out again tonight." He looked down at his feet in defeat. "I promise, I am fine. I'm not going anywhere. Nothing is going to happen." Logan just nodded and left, leaving me alone with the asshole in my head.

That's a promise you can't keep.

And how would you know that? I walked back to the table after picking everything up. I set it all down and began highlighting anything that i thought might be important.

I am just as much a part of Virgil as you are.

So.

Meaning I can see the future too. And considering I am stronger than you...

You are so not stronger than me. Or did you forget whose power it was that kicked you out in the first place?

I am a nightmare, A. My whole essence is nothing but magic. I am indeed stronger than you. You just, unfortunately, possess something I am weak to. Just because I can not beat your fire doesn't mean that without it you could still beat me.

You're nothing but talk.

You are correct. I would never do anything that would potentially harm Virgil. You, however, seem to only be doing that.

I. AM. VIRGIL!

Keep telling yourself that, A. Watch how much longer you last.