A (Ch.12)

"I never needed to. Draak I never for one second thought you were to blame for any of this. I refused your help. I still might because I need to do this. I need to find her but... Don't EVER blame yourself for me being so ill."

"Seriously A? Even after this you still wont..."

"I am thankful for you being here. I am thankful you even want to help after what I pulled with the divine fire... I-I didn't mean for you to get hurt but... I still used it. Virgil still used it and you suffered for it. But ye you still are trying to save me..." He just gave me this look of REALLY? I just laughed slightly and continued. "Yes I know if one of use dies its a death sentence for the other but you can last a while without me where I can't last at all without you. You have a surplus of magic and can always find more if you need to. That's the nature of a nightmare. I know you don't need me, but your still here. Your still trying to help me."

"I do need you. Sure maybe it's not exactly in the same way but I still do need you. We are two halves of one person, without the other we're just... incomplete. AND YOU STILL WONT ACCEPT ME WILL YOU?"

"Draak I do accept you." He threw his hands in the air and sighed. I heard a loud bang out the door. I was concerned but Draak just kept talking, drawing my attention back to him.

"Then what's the problem? Why won't you let me in?"

"Because I'm toxic to you." He looked back at me in shock. The black in his vain slowly disappearing as he calmed down. He's Virgil magic, for the most part anyway. He's also the reason Virgil gets stronger when he's upset. So it not good for Draak to get upset because his magic will hurt him. Not a good thing to have when he is also the emotional one that gets hurt easily.

"What do you mean?"

"My magic doesn't come from Virgil. It comes from the blessing he got from the dragons. I can use other magic because I'm drawing on yours even when we were separated. Why do you think I used the fire magic more than anything else? It's the only magic that's mine, and that very magic can kill you. I can kill you."

"You wont."

"But I can..." I have had so many panic attacks over that. So many episodes of whether or not I should even look to see if you were ok. I was so distraught over the possibility that I actually killed you but then... If you weren't dead, I felt like I had to stay far away from you. I... I was scared of myself. "When you came back I was relieved but also scared. I turned it into anger and attitude because I wanted to give you a reason to run. Plus I have a job to do and I can't go back until it finished. I made a promise."

"I can't believe this!"

"Draak. If there is one thing I am more than anything it stubborn. I just... I can't leave until it's done." He stood up and walked back over to me. He grabbed my hand again and placed it over his heart. All my pain started to go away. The fuzziness in my head left and my tight chest loosened up. I looked up at him and saw his blackened eyes go back to normal. We really do help each other.

"And I will be there at your side helping you along the way." I had to stifle a laugh. He just looked at me funny.

"Draak we sounding like a married couple."

"OH GOD!" He let go of my hand and we both burst out laughing. I was about to make another comment when all of a sudden the door broke off the wall and three other people fell through onto the floor.

"Uh... Um... Hi there... Kiddos." Patton looked up at us as Roman sat up and held his head in pain, and Logan straightened himself out. Lucas just popped out from behind the doorway looking incredibly embarrassed.

"How long were you listening?" I asked as Draak just stared at Roman, who was looking back slightly pained.

"Oh god..."