A (Ch.11)

I just laid there in the dark. I woke up a while ago, having lost my breath for a while. I couldn't fall back to sleep. The only reason I did last time must have been Roman. I stopped thinking and just listened to the sounds outside the room. They were all yelling. I don't know how its been but their still at it. Or... They started back up. 

I'm the worst piece of shit.

All this pain I'm in is nothing compared to what they must be going through. And if Roman ever found out that this whole episode started because he forced Draak to leave. Of course, I'm not blaming. I would never blame him for this hell I'm in. That blame is solely mine. 

How could I have done that?

I don't even blame Draak for leaving. What else was he supposed to do? He's takes thing to heart way more than he should, and the love of his life said that he hated him. That he was a monster...

I knew that... I-I just... 

My throat closed up and I started to gasp for air. I burst forward, clutching my throat and opening my eyes wide. My eyes were blurry from the lack of oxygen, but i could still see the outline of someone at the foot of my... Roman's bed. I was trying to see who it was when I felt my throat fill up. I go to cover my mouth just as I began to cough up more blood, and I see the figure go to help me, before hesitating and putting their arm back down. 

He almost died.

I watched as the person walked up and sat in the chair beside me. They put their hand on my lap, just as another coughing fit happened, to close to the other one, leaving no time to get any air my me. My coughing began to subside, and my chest lost it's heaving feeling. Now that I wasn't coughing, I could hear the muffled choked back sobs from the person in beside me. I took a deep breath and my vision slowly started to return. I watched as the person removed their hand from my lap hesitantly and puts it to their own face, trying hard to not show there tears. I should have known. Who else, other than Patton, is such a cry baby?

Got to love him though. Especially since he is a part of me...

It's all my fault.  

"I'm sorry... I... I'm s... I'm so... sorry." He threw him hands down into his lap and I watched as his eyes went completely black, tainting his tears, that now stained his pearl white skin. I quickly grabbed onto his hand, my anxiety picking up, as I began to fear for my friend. He whipped his head around to look at me. His now fully blackened eyes radiated that dark crimson of his, and I had to choke back my own tears. 

It's all my...

"Draak, stop that self-deprecating shit..." He looked down and wiped the tears from his eyes, smudging the black tar-like tears on his face and hand. You know for someone so strong and so scary. For someone who is the most intimidating person one would ever meet... For someone who says he's not the caring type... You have the biggest and the softest heart. You just don't show it often. For us both to be our own Patton's, I guess that means Virgil must really have a big heart. "That's my job."

"You should stop that to you know..." We both laughed, but his just sounded so sad. "I'm sorr..."

"Stop! It's not your fault this happened to me."

"YES IT IS! I left you!" He stood up and started pacing. "I left you, even though I knew you were dying. Even though I KNEW that I was the only thing keeping you from disappearing. Even though I knew something like this could happen..."

"Draak, I..." 

"STOP TRYING TO MAKE ME FEEL BETTER!" He stopped pacing and just stood there staring at me. I watched as his veins began to turn black, showing up on his skin and making him looked even more nightmarish.

"Draak."

"JUST STOP. I shouldn't have let what Roman said keep me from doing my job. We have to take care of each other... we have to protect each other."He started to sway, looking a bit sickly. "We are a team... a partnership. We depend on each other. We need each other. I shouldn't have... I should've... I..." He swayed again and he had to lean on the wall for support. He needs to stop. He needs to calm down.

"DRAAK!" I tried to get up off the bed but i got to light headed and I had to stop. I sighed and looked down at my feet. "You need to calm down. Please..."

"CALM DOWN?! A... I JUST ABOUT KILLED..."

"DRAAK LOOK AT YOURSELF! Your tearing yourself apart!" He looked at me wide eyed. He looked at his hand and at his blackened veins. He put his hands down... and then slowly slid down the wall onto floor holding himself as he began to shake. "I understand..."

"You forgive me?"