Patton (Ch.2)

"Virgil kiddo sure you sleeping alright?" Virgil came out of his room for the first time in a couple days. He grabbed a piece of toast, put it in his mouth, and went on his way back to his room. "Virgil!" He paused and looked back confused... Almost like he wasn't used to his name.

"Sorry dad, did you say something?" I walked over and handed him another piece of toast. If he was just going to eat that when he was going to eat two. He looked so sick. 

"I asked if you were sleeping alright you look tired." I placed my hand on his forehead, forgetting his temperature would be hotter than normal. But... It didn't matter, because he was cold. Like really cold. Not quite what he was before but something was definitely wrong. Do dragons chill down when they are sick or... I don't know.

"Yeah, I'm sleeping fine." His voice cracked, he was definitely not sleeping fine. Was he even sleeping at all? "I just have a lot on my mind is all." His eyes darkened and the room got hot hotter. He looked over to the side like he was listening to something and then sighed.

"I have to go."

"Wait, Kiddo..." Virgil ran down the hallway back to his bedroom.

"Sorry dad, I still got so much to do before I head out tonight. I'll talk to you later."

"What was that about?" I looked over to see Deceit at the table eating some leftover chicken. How is that breakfast? And on top of that, why are you feeding your snake it as well. Deceit grabbed another piece of chicken and threw it in the air over his shoulder. His snake unwrapped himself a little and caught the chicken with unreal speed. That is why he told me not to let him out... "It's like that time Marcos was talking to him telepathically."

"You don't think..." I started getting very scared.

"No, I don't. Marcos is dead. I know that for a fact." Then what's going on? What is going on with my son?! I put my plate of eggs down on the table and left to go talk to Virgil. I needed some answers. "Patton I wouldn't push the..."

"He's my son Deceit. I will make sure he is ok. And if he's not..." Then I WILL make sure he will be. I walked up to the door and held my hand out to knock, only to stop when I heard arguing.

"I don't care what you've seen. I am perfectly fine."

"Patton maybe you should..." I grabbed Deceit and covered his mouth putting my pointer finger to my lips, shushing him.

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE. I..." I heard as Virgil bumped into something and thing fell. "I... am fine."

"Kiddo... please stop pushing yourself." I whispered as I finally let go of Deceit, who just stared at me with a child-like anger.

"I am going out tonight Draak, whether you like it or not... And DO NOT give me any more shit. You shouldn't even be here, to begin with." Virgil started for the door before I could get away. He opened it and saw me. He looked confused but still went on his way, bag in hand. I looked back before the door closed to find his room empty. Who was he talking to? And wasn't Draak the name he went by in the vale?

"What is going on with you?"