Roman (Ch. 17)

You'll see.

I felt that pull again and soon I was at a park. It was beautiful although the surrounding area was nothing but inky black, but that was because this is still just a dream. I'm not really here.

"Virgil, sweetheart, come here please." I saw Evanora sitting on a picnic blanket. She had a basket next to her and she was setting up the plates. Virgil started running from the jungle gym over to her. He did look happy. So why did Draak look so beaten up. Virgil doesn't look hurt at all. And according to A, they were never actual people. They no actual form. I am still so confused. I watched as Virgil went and sat down across from Evanora.

"I can't wait! You make the best peanut butter sandwiches." She stopped and looked at Virgil, who was shaking in excitement.

"How did you..."

"I don't know mommy. I just knew. You also brought the rice pudding right?" She just nodded, her eyes going dark in concern. I never knew Virgil had an ability like that. He never told me. Was that the visions that Lucas was joking about? Virgil has second sight. But... only Oracles have advanced level psychic powers. Patton told me the last oracle couldn't find their successor. That they were being hidden by something. I was too young to know what was going on but the guy looked scared. After all he only had so long to find and train his successor before he looses his magic all together. Sadly he never did... He died never being able to find the next oracle. We all just assumed that that meant the next one had died as well. What does this all mean? Evanora pulled a container of pudding out of the basket. She hesitated about before reaching back in and grabbing a small bag of powder. She put some on the pudding and Virgil frowned. She gave it to him and he sat there looking at it before finally deciding to eat it.

Next thing I knew a child Draak was appearing behind him. He looked at me and my heart broke. He was sweaty and looked feverish. He took a step just as Virgil took a big bite and his face scrunched up in pain. He fell down shacking uncontrollably. I glance at Virgil and see his eyes blue and his hair slightly redder. Not quite A but I could still tell where it was heading. I rush over to Draak and pull him into my lap. He was icy but I suppose that's normal for him. Wait, no. Vast once said I shouldn't even be able to touch him, and with what I remember from my encounter with his father, this is to warm for him. I should not be able to touch him, yet I can. And what's worse is, yes he's cold but not that much.  He felt like A when he got sick which was really bad considering.