An Unplanned Celebration

A/N-This chapter wasn't originally part of the story, but one of my readers was curious about Kol's birthday, so I wrote up this chapter especially for her. It took a while before this appeared, since I wanted the bonus chapter to be parallel to the story this time. 

I'm sorry I wasn't able to reply to the comments. My connection is bad and I can't post it for some reason. 

~

“Yeah, I just got here. I’m kind of tired, Maria. I’ll call you back when I get settled into the hotel.”

“I’m really sorry, Kol. I tried to switch the dates, but you had the contract signed already. Happy birthday anyway.”

“Working during my birthday…” Kol grumbled as she hung up on Maria. She had expected to possibly rent out a club so she could invite all her friends and just party the whole night. For some reason, she ended up on a plane and just arrived Spain the morning of it. Now, she was alone on her birthday, tired and working. She had afforded missing a few classes, since it was just the start and the load wasn’t that heavy yet.

Kol sighed and walked out of the airport to get a cab to her hotel. She put on her sunglasses and noticed a screen advertisement that had One Direction’s photo on it. Details of their tour that included Madrid were on it. She went closer and put the sunglasses down her nose a bit to see it clearly.

How funny that they would be in the same country, much less the same city during her birthday. There would apparently be a show tomorrow, so that meant that they were going around having interviews today.

She had no expectations of seeing them though. She had work. They had work. It wasn’t as if they had the time to meet up. Since they were on tour, and they would only be here for three days tops, Kol was sure that management had them busy.

So far, it was starting to be one of the crappiest birthdays that she ever had, and she had to admit that there were a lot of bad ones. At least last year, although she was away from her family and friends back home, she had celebrated by going out with her model roommates and a few other friends she made in the States. A few of her cousins who lived in America had also gone, so that compensated a bit.

The boys had sent over boring store vouchers for her birthday last year, since they hadn’t really known her for that long, and she wasn’t with any of them during that time. Sure, she had been talking to Zayn, Niall and Harry a lot more than she expected back then, but it was a nice surprise to see that they even got her anything.

So much had changed since then, she realized.

It was easy to get a cab, and the driver apparently knew where hotel was, so it wasn’t as if the language barrier was a problem. Kol knew a bit of Spanish, since she had knew some designers who hired her that were Spanish, so she thought it would be smart to learn the language. Another few that she felt she needed to get the hang of were French and Italian. Baby steps though, so she started with Spanish.

The hotel was a bit crowded at the entrance, and the hotel security had to back the crowd of girls away from the entrance so the cab could stop by the entrance.