Soaking With Niall

“Niall, you just walk by and then take a double take when you see her reading a book by the fountain. Kol, just sit there, looking pretty, just as always,” Frye said, sitting on his chair.

“As opposed to what I’ve been doing the past few takes, which is acting like a neurologist?” Kol couldn’t bite back the joke. Frye raised an eyebrow at her.

“I think we’re rubbing off on her,” Zayn said, grinning at Frye’s reaction.

“Very cheeky now I see,” Louis nodded, putting his arm around Harry. “Come on Harold. Let’s mill around the grass.”

He then dragged Harry toward the green as Harry’s eyes bulged as he lost footing. Louis either didn’t notice or didn’t care as he continued to slog him across the ground.

“Action!”

Since Niall didn’t have a distinguishable solo, he had to sing along to the chorus. He started walking and then stopped when he saw her, and then he walked backward and started chatting her up.

“Aren’t you supposed to be singing along?” Kol asked, putting down her book and pretending that she had just noticed him. She put a stray piece of hair behind her ear and started grinning like an idiot. They would take out the dialogue anyway. All that was important was the music.

“No. I’ll have to be doing that in other shots, where my solo with you is going to come in for longer than a few seconds. They’ll probably slip this in randomly just to change shots and alternate the scenes in the video,” Niall said, acting all enthusiastic as he did hand gestures.

“You seem to know the routine very well,” she laughed.

“There’s a kind of redundancy to how they do the videos, so I can take a good guess how they’re going to compile the scenes. I bet they just want one video where all of us can have that moment singing to a girl, just like when Harry had his solo in What Makes You Beautiful.”

He took the strands of hair that was over her shoulder and he started to play with it. “I like your hair,” he said, twirling the strands around his finger.

“You have like brown roots poking out,” she said, running her hands on the top of his head and looking at the roots. “Are you a natural blonde?”

He laughed. “No, but I just seem to prefer it blonde, and nobody else wants to change it. I think it’s for the sake of image stuff. I’m the odd blonde Irish guy.”

“Oh you’re Irish! So that’s why you’re accent is a little more different,” Kol said, as if making a revelation.

“Do you honestly know nothing about us?” Niall licked his lips. “I bet some of our fans would just find that ridiculous though. Me being Irish is one of the most basic pieces of information.”

“Yeah, sorry about that.” She couldn’t stop smiling with any of these boys. There was something about them that just kept the mood so light and happy. It hadn’t been difficult to get along with them at all.