Into the Sunset

A/N-Since this is the second to the last chapter, I'll have to challenge you guys to work together to get the very last one up :)

20 votes for the very last chapter!

~

“I’m really sorry.”

Harry stared at her impassively.

That dragged on for pretty much a few more minutes.

“Harry, please say something?”

“Like what?” Harry said hollowly. He didn’t know how to feel. He wasn’t angry. He wasn’t upset. It felt like he was numb and he seemed to be unconsciously preparing himself for this to happen.

Things had been going great with her. It had been a proper relationship, considering the long distance side of it. He hadn’t been too bothered being away from her. He had a lot on his mind, and so had she. When they were together, it was the best and he had relished every moment. The only frustrating thing about her was that she oozed so much sexiness, but wasn’t really one to put out. He wasn’t complaining, but still, it was difficult having a hot girlfriend you couldn’t do anything to.

“I don’t know. Just give me an emotion to work with.”

“I’m a lover, not a fighter. You know that.” Harry sat back on the chair and put his hands together. No wonder she wanted to fly out to meet him the weekend after she went to Mullingar. She sounded nervous on the phone and hadn’t talked to him the entire week, but he had been anticipating some sweet surprise and not some bitter news. Harry really honestly wasn’t feeling anything, except for the wretched hollowness.

Kol looked taken aback. “When Niall had seen you kissing me, he was ready to fly at you and I wasn’t even with him then. You, on the other hand, have more reason to be mad at him and you don’t even seem pissed off in the slightest.”

Harry realized that maybe acting all aloof wasn’t going to be on his advantage with this one. Kol actually made sense with that, but he really wasn’t the type who liked getting into fights. He should have been glad at all that she told this to him personally. “I’m not mad. I guess I was kind of expecting it in a way.”

Kol’s eyebrows rose. “So you were expecting me to kiss Niall?”

Well, this was going nowhere. “I trust you, Kol, I really do. Don’t get offended. I just think that it was inevitable that it had to happen. You might not admit it to me, but Niall’s your first love. Don’t deny it either. It’s difficult to compete with that.”

Kol didn’t know whether to be angry at him for thinking of her in that way, or feeling lucky that she had managed to get a guy who was too understanding.

Ultimately though, she didn’t like that Harry was too indifferent with her kissing another boy. If it was the other way around, first love or not, Kol would’ve been very pissed off.