The Upper Hand

“Is the bun too tight?” asked Kol’s hairdresser as she fixed the bun on top of her head.

“No, it’s fine.”

They were put into another room where they had to go through hair, makeup and wardrobe. Kol ended up with one of the artists provided by the magazine. She was stripped down and asked to dress in the nude underwear set that they had provided for her. She was given a white robe to use while they made up her face.

The boys then went into the room after, and they were walking around half-naked as their own personnel fixed up their hair and added a little makeup.

They were comfortable enough to know that Kol probably wouldn’t scrape their skin off or something, and they were already used to the idea that she was used to half-naked boys and girls because she modeled.

They didn’t even make the normal perverted jokes when she was given the outfit that she had to wear, and she had to undress in front of them, since there wasn’t a screen this time. It wasn’t any different from wearing a bikini, really.

“I didn’t know you had a tattoo,” Zayn said as he leant on the wall and ate some chips. He had already gotten dressed, so he was free to do what he wanted.

Kol had just put on the black high-waist jeans that she was handed, and she was still not dressed on the torso. She looked over her shoulder and saw that Zayn was staring at the back of her shoulder. It was just under the nape of her neck until halfway through her shoulder.

“What does it say?” Zayn said, going closer and leaning down. He peered at it and said, “’Let me forget about today until tomorrow’.”

“It’s from Bob Dylan,” Kol admitted.

“Yeah, Mr. Tambourine Man?” Zayn said, looking curious. “I didn’t think you were the type to get tattoos.”

“You didn’t look like the type either,” Kol said evenly. “I haven’t counted how many you actually have.”

“I have to remove my shirt to show you,” he grinned. “I don’t think that would be a good idea though.”

Kol put on the tight white collared shirt given to her carefully. “Oh damn. I hope this doesn’t get stuck on my hair.”

Zayn went forward. “Here, let me help.” He widened the area where she was going to put her head, and then he slowly lowered it as she shoved her arms through the right holes on the shirt.

“Thanks.” She tucked the shirt in and pulled on the blue blazer around her. The color theme was blue, white and black. Zayn was in a blue collared shirt with white trousers. All of the boys were in immaculate white trainers. Harry was in a black blazer, white shirt and white trousers. Louis had a white long-sleeved button-up shirt, with a blue bow tie, suspenders and black trousers. Niall was put into a white collared shirt, a black-colored cardigan and beige chinos. Liam was in a white blazer pulled up until the elbows, a black shirt and white trousers.

They all had this preppy, clean-cut theme going on that extended until Kol’s outfit. The makeup she had on lightened her skin color, but they kept the look natural, except for her red lips.

She hobbled over to where the shoes were lined, and there was only one pair of red pumps, which she naturally assumed were hers.

They were four inches high, with thin kitten heels. She put them on and sat next to Liam on the couch, where he was putting on his white shoes.

There was another rack lined with clothes, which would be used for the second shoot. They consisted mostly of tuxes and bow ties, and one slinky red dress for Kol.