On the Trip with Paul

A/N-Shall upload the next one if...more votes and comments (or at least comments because I'd love to hear what you think!). I have no number in mind, but until I'm satisfied... It's not very difficult to please me. Enjoy!

~

“How did I even get stuck going along with you guys?” Kol said grumpily as she drank her cup of coffee.

She had chosen the vehicle where Paul was, as opposed to being in the tour bus where the boys all pooled together. She wasn’t in the mood to face any of them, because she might just punch one of them. Kol had avoided them all morning, and had raced out the hotel room with the crew so that she wouldn’t be in the same vehicle with them.

“Maria said you had about a week with us,” Paul said, drinking his own cup. Now, Kol wasn’t one for coffee, but it was a really good buzz when she was stressed. “Of course you’re coming along. We’ve got a pretty tight schedule. The one in Chicago was probably the most chill that they’ve had.”

“Can I just go to the salon for a while and dye my hair and maybe get a new haircut so no one’s going to recognize me?” she said, half-serious. Of course, she wouldn’t be able to do that, since her agency might kill her for it. They basically dictated her look right now, but she had never been as bothered with what she looked like than now.

“And I’ll just have to tell everyone that I found some random person to be part of the crew?” Paul said in good humor.

“I could even do an accent, just to be more convincing.”

“Spill it. What’s gotten you so wound up?”

Kol looked up at the ceiling as she tried not to roll her eyes. “Paul, you’re their best friend. You probably know about it.”

“What, how three of my boys just can’t leave you alone and stay friends?” Paul said, raising his eyebrows at her.

She eyed him with narrowed eyes as he burst out laughing. “Aww come on, Paul. You’re supposed to be telling them to back off and tell remind them about their sex ban.”

“No offense, but you don’t seem the type to sleep with them, which is why you’re the only one I trust in their rooms alone, just saying.”

“But it’s getting so annoying,” she complained.

“I just think you’re not used to getting emotionally involved in anything, really,” Paul said, patting her hand lightly. “You’re like a boy who doesn’t want to be tied down, except you’re not after sex.”

“Oh shit,” she said, pouring herself another cup of coffee. The bus was still moving, and she spilled a little on the table.

“I like having you around though. They’re more restrained when you’re around. They’re usually more rowdy when it’s just the fellas around.”

“Well that’s reassuring that they’re behaving,” she said glumly while swirling her cup of coffee and adding more sugar, “although I really don’t feel like they are. I don’t even want to think how they are if they’re worse than they are now.”