The New Cleaning Maid

A/N- After this, there are eight more chapters until the end of this book. So, in advance, I'm thanking all the readers that have read on and enjoyed and voted and commented and just made me feel chuffed and excited.

~

“How did you get up here?”

Kol looked down at Harry, who was sitting in the hallway in front of her front door. He looked a right mess, and he looked deadly tired.

She had immersed herself in school and work, trying to avoid as much attention as possible. No one knew what happened except for the six of them, and no one saw it, but there was evidence on Harry’s face. He had sported a bruise because of Niall, and although makeup was good at covering up. The thing about makeup though, was that it melted, so there were a lot of photos speculating who in the hell would want to ruin Harry’s gorgeous face.

Since there had been gossip out that Kol caught up with the boys, which had very good evidence considering she had interviewed them on MTV, there was easy speculation between a dispute between Niall and Harry.

It wasn’t the good kind of attention, and she ignored Twitter, since she knew there could be nothing good said about her there.

“You tend to forget who I am,” Harry said lightly, trying to ease up the mood, but Kol had too much drama when it came to these boys. She could only vaguely remember what a private, peaceful life was.

“Can you move aside so I can get into my apartment?” Kol said patiently. The boys were only in New York for a week, which was probably a really long stay, but there were a lot of places to advertise here, so she understood why they were here for such a long duration. She couldn’t wait for them to leave though. Only two more days before their next flight to wherever.

“Can I please go in?” Harry said earnestly. “It was a bloody difficult task to have Paul let me go here. I’ll even clean up your flat for you.”

Kol sighed and unlocked the door and gestured for him to go in. Harry’s attempt to joke was pretty much the only reason why she was letting him in. She looked at Preston, who looked uncomfortable and she said, “Would you prefer to stay out here?”

“Kind of, yeah,” Preston said gruffly. Good man.

“Look, Haz. I’m tired, and I can’t even rest since I’ve got two finals tomorrow that I have to study for. What do you want?”

“Give me the chance that Niall was brave enough to ask for,” Harry said. He had turned up the tap on the water and started washing the dishes. Kol knew that he found cleaning relaxing, so he must have felt very stressed right now. “He’s already fuming, so I might as well push through. None of the boys approve, but what can I do?”

“You can stop.”

“You think I haven’t tried that already?” Harry said, looking over his shoulder at her. “Look where that got me: one of my best mates not speaking to me, my mind’s all over the place and a lot of self-loathing for not acting on this before you and Niall happened.”

“Have you even stopped to think why Niall and I broke up in the first place?” Kol said, taking out her books just so she wouldn’t have to look at him. “What makes you think that it won’t end up the same if I let you try us out?”

“I’ve always wanted a girl who I didn’t see a lot, so that every time I saw her, it would be amazing,” Harry said, as he piled the clean dishes onto the plate dryer. “It was like that every time I saw you. I just never said anything.”

“You guys really are giving me the worst headache in a long time,” Kol complained. “I think you boys bring disease with you or something.”

“We tend to do that,” Harry said, grinning. “Well?”