Just the Beginning

“Wake up! Rise and shine!”

There were five boys jumping on Kol’s bed and it took her a few seconds to completely wake up. She looked around, mortified, and she brought the sheets up until her chin.

“Wake up! Wake up!”

“How the hell did you get in here?” she asked, not moving as her eyes darted around the room. It was a good thing that she started packing last night, or all her clothes would have been strewn recklessly around the room.

“Maria told us to wake you up, since she got on an earlier flight than the rest of us!” Niall said, lying down next to her and propping his head on his hand. “She gave us the key and all. She said that we couldn’t possibly do any harm within the day.”

“She obviously doesn’t know us very well,” Louis said, sitting by the bottom of her bed as he stopped bouncing on top. “We’ve got some evildoings planned now that she’s gone.”

“I don’t think you could do anything worse than all the pranks you’ve played yesterday,” Kol said, remembering the accumulation of pranks the night before. Harry had hidden in the closet once she went in to finally get some sleep after a long night, and he almost gave her a heart attack when he scared her. Zayn had replaced her normal clothes with one of the schoolgirl ones, claiming that some animals had torn it apart because of the flowery scent of her perfume, which didn’t even make any sense.

They had a few drinks once they got to the hotel room, since they could chill out. Kol even got to know a few members of the crew, since they had the drinks with them.

“Why aren’t you getting out of bed?” Harry asked, sitting on her other side.

“Do you sleep nude?” Kol asked Harry in a conversational tone.

“Most of the time, since I find the heat rather nasty at night,” Harry said. His eyes widened. “Why, are you naked underneath right now?”

Kol rolled her eyes and smacked him on the head. “No. I’m just in a shirt and underwear, which is why I’m hesitant on leaving my bed. I’m not to keen revealing so much, since these two have their girls and I don’t want any fights.”

“Oh, we’re sorry,” Liam said genuinely, standing up. “ We really didn’t think of that scenario, did we?”

“No, we didn’t,” Louis said, standing up as well. “I thought you were more of a pajama and fluffy slippers type of girl. Come on lads. Let’s give the lady some privacy.”

Louis took Harry and Zayn’s arms and had to tug them out of the room. Liam got Niall in a chokehold. Kol could hear them banter as they exited the room.

Kol took a few minutes to completely wake herself up. She splashed her face with a bit of water and she got into comfortable clothes for the flight back to New York. She wore jeans, four-inch black wedge boots and a loose gray long-sleeved cropped top. She had received instructions from last night to head to the boys’ suite once she woke up. She would clear out of her room and bring her luggage with her toward their room.