The Endless Night

A/N- Tsk tsk, only 9 votes for the last one, and even fewer comments. But that's okay. A few of you made up for it by giving me personal messages that really made me smile. You don't know how much it means to me to hear kind words of encouragement, considering I'm a complete stranger! 

Uploading this because I don't know when I'll be back, so I won't prolong my loyal readers from the next chapter. Haha! I've got University to worry about right now and my schedule is the worst, so I'll be really busy. 

Leave a comment and vote please! Thank you!

~

Niall had just gone off to bed, since he had announced that he was ‘knackered’, so he went ahead and told Kol to come in with him soon. Kol knew he was worried about her, but she just couldn’t stay put.

Kol rarely smoked, but this seemed like a really good time to. She went down to a nearby 24-hour convenience store, not really bothering to dress to look good anymore. It was almost one in the morning, and she doubted that people would give a second’s notice to a girl in pajamas, three layers of tops, a pair of Niall’s Supras and a leather jacket, with her hair piled into a messy knot on top of her head.

She bought a box of cigarettes, which brand she wasn’t familiar with, and she purchased a cheap plastic lighter as well.

Kol had pulled the hood of the jacket over her head, since the temperature seemed to drop every passing minute. She hadn’t anticipated that it would be this cold. She lit one cigarette while walking and stuffed her other hand inside the jacket.

She licked her lips and coughed a little as the smoke filled her lungs. It was stronger than the ones she was used to. Kol felt considerably warmer and a lot more calmed down. She blew smoke out and kept the cigarette burning as she walked the rest of the way back to the flat.

By some weird coincidence, she ended up bumping into Harry at the lobby, who seemed like he had just gotten back from his night out early, as he seemed too sober.

“Oh good,” Harry said as he recognized her face as she waited in front of the elevator. He paused as he looked at the nearly finished cigarette stick that she stubbed out in the trash bin. She had just watched the burning redness consume the rest of the cigarette, but had not smoked after her first hit. “What are you doing out?”

“Ciggy,” she said, adopting that way that these English and Irish people were talking around her. It was too contagious, talking this way. They even called cigarettes ‘fags’ as well, which had confused her at first. She felt awkward using the word though, so she stayed with the safe ones that were obvious. She raised the box that she had hidden inside her jacket and took out another one, which she was planning to light back at the flat.

“Where’s Niall? Doesn’t he mind you being out at this time of night?”

“Did you check your phone lately?” she asked, getting into the elevator and pressing the floor number. The boys were all on the same floor anyway, so Harry didn’t need to press the number of his floor.

Harry had been too busy with the people at the club, but he really couldn’t enjoy as much, since he had some person in mind. That was the reason he went back to the flat considerably early. It didn’t feel like much of that kind of wild night for Harry, and after that really wonderful afternoon that he spent with Kol, it seemed to him that other company could only be dull at the moment.

He took out his phone and saw a few messages. One had been from Niall. He scrolled through the message quickly and raised his brows. By the time he finished the message, the elevator doors had opened and Kol had started walking toward the hallway.