Chapter 10

Joslynn's POV

I was in my exam. This is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I can't concentrate. I can hardly breathe. I feel like I could break out crying any given minute. Joshua seems mad. I've gotten remarks from kids saying things like "I don't see why he dates you. You're clearly using him for his fame." 

Other kids come over and congratulate. I feel like I'm lying to them all. I don't say anything back to the kids who congratulate, or the kids who insult. I don't have the strength to tell the truth. Some people say that the truth will set you free, but I feel as if it's the truth that's holding me back from everything. 

I'm in a situation that should be easily fixable. But, no, because I have the most complicated life on planet Earth; the easiest of situations become the hardest and biggest things to deal with. 

I was currently in my English exam. I simply couldn't concentrate. I was on the last page, and there was actually plenty of time left. I had been circling random answers, not even bothering to read the questions. I quickly randomly filled random answers on the last page, not even slightly scared about the outcome. 

I then quickly got up, slammed my exam on Mrs. Miller's desk and started to dart out of the room as tears started to well up. As I left the room, I heard Mrs. Miller's voice yell, "Ms. Davis, get back here this instant!" 

But I didn't listen. I needed to go anywhere...anywhere but that classroom. So, I did what most of the girls do in the movies. I darted for the bathroom and locked myself in a stall. I sat in the corner of the handicap bathroom stall and cried. 

Well, I don't think it can be called crying at this point. I was sobbing. I was gasping for breath. I was broken. I was helpless. I was worthless. I was nothing. 

It was about another minute before Jacqueline came into the bathroom and climbed into the stall I was in. "What was that all about?" she asked worriedly, pulling me into a hug. 

"I...I..." I was chocking on my words.

"You what, Joslynn?"

"I...I can't..." I sobbed. 

Jacqueline hugged me and asked, "Does this have to do with Louis?" 

His name made me cry harder. I just nodded. 

Jacqueline sighed and said, "I can't say that I understand your pain...but I have a feeling everything will be okay." 

"How do you know everything will be okay, Jacqueline?" I asked.

I looked over at her, and her facial expression was unsure.

"You don't know what could happen, Jos--"

"And you don't know what could happen, either, Jacqueline." I snapped. I was in such a crap mood that I didn't care about my attitude. I wanted to sit in a ball and cry.

Jacqueline took a deep breath. She knows I wasn't trying to be rude to her. "I'm going to tell Mrs. Miller you're feeling sick, and you should try and get someone to pick you up or I would walk home."

I just nodded my head as Jacqueline climbed back out from under the door. I heard the bathroom door close, leaving me to dwell in my own, pitiful tears.

I sat there, not sure of what to do. I needed to get home, and fast. But, Jacqueline drove me here. And, it's raining. There's no way in hell I'm walking back. 

I then pulled out my phone and dialed the number of the person I know would always be there for me, no matter what. 

"Hello?" he asked.