Chapter 18

Check out my cousin, Jupiter13! She writes a story called "Lucky I'm in Love with My Best Friend" and it's REALLY good! Go check it out! 

Louis's POV

I streched as I got out of the bed next to Harry's as I woke up from my nap. I tiredly faced the clock to see the dark red numbers blaring 6:17 PM. I've slept literally all day. Oh well. 

I tiredly arose from the bed as Harry walked in the room with a bag of crisps in one hand and his iPhone in the other. He looked up from his phone and said, "Ah, I see you're up, mate."

"Yeah...what time I did I come home last night?" I asked, not remembering that much since I had only just awoken.

"It was about 3:45 AM when you texted saying the nurses found you and made you leave." 

That's when I remembered. Right when Josie had told me we couldn't be together, a nurse walked into the room to check up on her because she heard movement. When she saw me, she flipped out on me and told me I wasn't allowed to be there unless I was family. So, the nurse made me leave, not allowing for anymore coversation between Josie and I. 

I went back to Josie's house feeling depressed. Had I done something wrong? She said she loved me. Why did she think we couldn't be together? Is it because of the distance that is normally between us? 

Whatever it was, it made me upset. I don't want to push her into being in a relationship with me, but I want her to be my girlfriend.

I got home at around 4:30 and I stayed up for about two hours talking to Harry, and at about 6:30 I finally fell asleep. I guess I've been asleep ever since. 

I then stalked out of the room, my feet hitting the cold, wood floor. I went downstairs to try and find something to eat, and right when I got downstairs, Joslynn's mom walked through the door. 

She set down her keys and walked through the foyer as her high heels clicked against the floor, carrying her petite figure through the house and her long brown hair bouncing around a bit. She looked up to see me and she stopped. She gave me a sad smile and came over and pulled me in for a hug. I hugged her back, and the hug was long and no words were said. 

After we pulled away, I calmly asked, "How is she?"

"She's doing alright. She had a bunch of tests run today and lots of x-rays were taken. But, she'll be fine. She has a slightly sprained ankle, so she has a brace, but she doesn't need crutches. And besides from being beat up a bit badly around the face and a few stitches from the scratches, she's going to be okay."

"She had to get stitches?" I asked, instantly worried.

"Yes. She got them before you supposedly showed up in her room last night." She said, giving me a funny look.

I blushed a bit and said, "I wanted to make sure she was okay."

Joslynn's mom smiled and said, "I'm so thankful Joslynn has great...people...in her life like you, Lou. I can tell you, that even though it may not seem like it right now, but you mean the world to her. She'd be lost without you."

"I'm guessing she's talked to you?" I asked, blushing a bit.

Ms. Sarah smiled a sad smile and said, "I'm just gonna say, you've picked a good girl."

I smiled a bit and said, "Thanks, Ms. Sarah."

She smiled in return. "It'll all work out, Lou. I promise." Even though I didn't really believe her, I could only hope things would.  "I've also put you and the other boys, along with Jacqueline, Eden, and McKenna down to be able to visit, if you want to visit her now," she continued. 

"I don't know...she's probably eating or something right now," I said.

"Actually, she's not. I don't want her eating that cafeteria food, so I have been bringing her food. I came home to get some for her...unless you want to go visit her..." She said, trailing off.

"I just...I don't think she really wants to see me right now," I sighed. 

Ms. Sarah sighed and said, "Louis, that's untrue. She loves you, so, so much. She always wants to see you. And Louis...if you just talk to her, I'm sure you'll get answers."

I sighed and said, "I might. I'll have to think about it. When is she being released from the hospital?"

"She's being released late tonight. Probably around ten or so," her mom replied. 

I nodded my head and said, "Alright. I'll think about going down. Thanks, Ms. Sarah." 

She gave me one last hug before saying, "Please just consider it. I'll send another one of you boys or the girls to give her food if you decide not to."

I nodded my head before saying, "Alright, Ms. Sarah."

Joslynn's mom then walked to the other end of the house and down the hall to her bedroom. I sat at the kitchen counter and sighed as I ran my hands through my hair. Why is my life so stressful? Why can't she just be with me? That's all I want. I want to be able to say I have the most gorgeous girl in the world as my girlfriend. 

But...I guess I won't even have a chance at saying that if I never talk to her and listen to what she's feeling and what she has to say...

It would take a lot of confidence for me to go down there. It sort of scares me a bit. I'm afraid about what might happen. 

I then heard footsteps and a familiar voice said, "I swear, you've been down here thinking forever." 

I turned around to see Zayn standing there, his hair perfectly groomed, as usual, and he was clad in jeans and a polo. 

I smiled sheepishly and said, "I'm a little lost, mate..."

I didn't mind being out in the open with Zayn. He gave really good advice, and I feel comfortable turning to him. 

"What's troubling ya, mate?" Zayn asked, taking a seat next  to me at the counter. 

And so I sat there and told Zayn everything. 

From how I had feelings for Josie from the start, up until Ms. Sarah walked through the door and tried to get me to go visit her.

"Well, listen, mate. Joslynn is my best friend, Harry's best friend, Niall's best friend, Liam's best friend, and your best friend. She means the world to all of us. But, we all had a feeling she had that extra soft spot for you. You left before she could even explain. You need to let her explain. If that nurse never came in, you were going to hear her explanation, anyway. Just go. Talk to her. Sort it out. Make her happy. Her graduation is tomorrow and the next day we have that interview so you can clear things up. You need to talk about what you plan on saying and you need to sort everything out between you two. Things will start falling into place soon enough. Just because they aren't perfect now, doesn't mean they will never be. Listen to what she says and give her a chance. I don't think it'll hurt, considering she still loves you. Just try it, mate. It can't be that bad."

I took a deep breath and nodded my head and then went in for a hug. Zayn hugged me back and said, "Now, go get her some food and talk to her. She deserves at least a listener." 

I nodded my head and said, "Thanks, mate. You always know what to say."

"Anytime." Zayn smiled, patting me on the back and getting up and leaving.

It's time to go face my biggest fear: talking to the girl of my dreams.