Chapter 30

Joslynn’s POV

“He just let me down, is all. After Joshua attempted what he did, Louis was there for me at first, but now he’s fallen through. I have the other boys, especially Harry, but Louis was the one I truly cared about being there for me the most, and he’s failed to do that. At this point, I’m not even here because of trauma from the prom night; I’m here because my life seems to be so messed up from the aftermath,” I told the woman sitting in front of me. 

She nodded her head and said, “Yes, I completely understand what Louis has done to you is not fair at all. Him running off with some other girl isn’t fair when he claimed to be in love with you. Do you have any ideas as to why he would get together with Margaux?”

I sighed. I wasn’t sure how to answer her question, truthfully. “I ask myself that question every day because I can’t find the answer to it myself, and it sucks. I don’t know why he would go with another girl. I suppose he got impatient, but if he claimed to be oh-so-in-love with me, I don’t see why he wasn’t willing to wait.”

Erin nodded and replied, “Have you ever thought that he got with this girl because he so desperately craved you? Maybe he really still does want you, maybe even more than ever. He may be hiding his feelings behind this other girl, or he’s with her simply to make you jealous. I can promise you, this boy loves you. It’s so plainly obvious. He’s just done a really bad job at showing it.”

I sighed, starting to tear up. “I know you’re probably right. But whether or not he loves me, he’s done nothing but hurt me.”

Erin gave me a sad smile, nodded, and started to jot things down in her notepad. After a few brief seconds, she looked back up and said, “You know, Joslynn, you’re a very strong and independent young woman, and you’re very smart. I can’t tell you what you have to do, but what I can tell you is that I think Louis does care for you more than anything or anyone in this world. I personally think he doesn’t know how to show it, so he’s taken a wrong turn and is hurting you because of it. But, I can promise you that Louis is going to regret this, and he will soon realize it and take the steps he needs to fix it.”

I smiled and nodded at her. “Though I’m hurting right now, I really hope you’re right. All I want to be is happy, and I agree with you that it may take some time before Louis and I both can be happy.”

Erin smiled and began to tear out a sheet of paper with writing on it to give to me. “Joslynn, you’re honestly doing great for someone going through what you’ve had to. Though we’re out of time, I can promise you that you can come to me anytime you need, and there’s always next week.”

I took the sheet with the date and time of my next appointment on it and hugged her. “Thank you, Erin.”

“Not a problem, dear,” she replied, then letting go of me so I could walk out of her office.

I’ve been seeing a therapist ever since I moved to London, and it’s been helping me cope through a lot of what Louis has put on me. 

I walked out of the small grey building where Erin was located and stepped into the warm summer air. 

I walked into the parking lot and looked around for a bit until I spotted the black Range Rover. I went and got in the passenger side, and the curly headed boy asked once I settled in, “How was it?”

“It was pretty good,” I replied, buckling my seat belt as Harry backed out of the parking lot. 

Louis picked me up the first time from therapy, but after that, I’ve always preferred Harry pick me up ever since Louis and Margaux started dating. 

All of the boys know I’m in therapy, and it was them, my friends from home and my mom who all agreed therapy would be a good thing for me after everything I’ve been through. Louis just doesn’t know he’s the hot topic we talk about. At least, I don’t think he knows.