Chapter 28

Joslynn’s POV

I needed to run, but my feet wouldn’t carry me. I needed to get out of here. I wasn’t emotionally stable to handle anything.

The room was dark, and I felt alone, though I was not alone at all. There were people everywhere, staring, talking about the current situation at hand; some smiling, some laughing, some not even seeming to care about me. I was all on my own. There was no one to turn to.

The one person of whom I’ve given my everything to is betraying me right in front of my eyes.

He’s there, acting as if I’m not even here.

“HOW COULD YOU?” I finally found myself screaming, tears streaming down my face.

They were both under a spotlight in the dark room, but you could just barely see the silhouettes of the other people around us, making a circle around the three of us, though I was quite a few feet away from the other two.

He looks up, unlocking his lips from the mystery girl. I could only see the back of her, but she had long, blonde hair, a slim figure, and she was tall. She seemed like a Barbie. She seemed better than I could ever be.

He doesn’t even look guilty. He blows me off, rolls his eyes, and he leaves me in the dust.

He walks off with this mystery girl, some people even cheering him on. Everyone in this room just witnessed him completely blow me off when I tried to talk to him and go off and kiss another girl. And now, he is leaving with her.

There were a few people giving me looks of sympathy, acting as though they were surprised at the boy’s actions.

That’s when I could finally feel my legs again. I took off and ran as fast as I could. I ran out of the room, not even knowing or caring where I was going. Soon enough, I found myself falling against a wall and down to my knees, letting out heart-wrenching sobs.

My heart had just been broken into tiny little pieces.

After I had been there, sitting against the wall, I saw two figures come up. Just by the way they had been looking at me, I know they weren’t there to hurt me. They were here to help me.

“Josie, Josie! Wake up! Josie!”

My eyes fluttered open, wondering who was telling me to wake up. I was in my room, though I could have sworn I had fallen asleep in the living room.

My face was wet and my eyes felt puffy. What the hell is happening?

I turned quickly to the person who was calling my name. Louis was there, lying beside me with a worried look on his face as he stroked my hair.

“What happened?” I asked tiredly, wiping the wetness off my face. Had I been crying in my sleep?

I then suddenly remembered the nightmare I had just been awakened from, and the tight feeling in my stomach, similar to the one in my dream, returned.

“You were crying and screaming. You were having a nightmare.”

I sat up, pushing the hair back from my face and wiping away more tears. “Sorry…yeah, I was having a nightmare. That’s all. It shouldn’t be anything to worry about, Louis.”

“You know I can’t just blow things like this off. Do you want to tell me what this nightmare was about?” He asked, pushing more hair out of my face.

I sighed, covering my face with my hands. After a few seconds of silence, I muffled, “It was about a boy.”

“What?” he asked, not hearing me the first time.