chapter 22

sabrina p.o.v

        "Who is picking us up?" I asked Jace. We finally landed in California and were just walking out of baggage claim. Now we were waiting for who was going to pick us up.

"Well, would that guy over there answer your question." Jace pointed to a tall man who I instantly recognized as my father. Neymar held onto my hand tighter as we approached him. I felt like crying but I didnt.

"Joanna," My father was tearing up when he saw me right in front of him. I let go of Neymars arm and my father pulled me into a hug.

"A minha menina." He kept crying and I actually knew what he was saying. I remembered him when he would be proud of me and keep repeating in portuguese "my little girl."

I didnt realize I was crying but what can I say? I did miss my dad and my whole family. I even missed Jace at times but I'm not going to admit that to him.

"I missed you so much." he cried.

"I missed you to pai." I told him and he squuezed me tighter.

"Thank you for coming back." He thanked me and I pulled out of the hug.

"This is Neymar. Neymar this is my dad." I introduced them to each other.

"Nice to meet you." Neymar shook his hand before hiding behind me.

"Take good care of my daughter and when you hold her hand remember youre holding my whole world and if you ever hurt her I will -"

"Well lets go." I said and we headed out.

"Whos's driving?" I asked them.

"That would be me." I turned around and spotted Rob. I think Neymar kind of guessed who he was because he put his hand over my shoulder and pulled me closer to him.

"Nice to see you again Joanna." Rob was coming to hug me but Neymar stood between us. I thanked him and didnt say anything to Rob. We put the luggages in the back and then drove off.

"Do you want to go home first or see mom?" My father asked us.

"To see mom." I answered and Neymar just squeezed my hand a bit. I gave him a small smile and we were driving to the closest hospital. I wasnt looking forward to this but it was eventually going to happen.

It took about an hour from the airport to the hospital my mom was staying at.

IT took ten minutes to find the room she was located at and I stood outside of it with Jace and Neymar. I slowly opened the door and I saw my mom laying in bed peacefully sleeping. Besides her was a picture of Jace and I on my last birthday I spent with them.

I walked over besides my mom and Jace was on the other side.

"Mami," Jace slowly spoke and shook her softly, "Mami you have a visitor." Jace woke her up. I watched as her eyes looked around before landing onto me.

"Joanna you came." I watched as tears fell down her eyes and she sat up slowly.

"I had to come and see you." I told her and I felt her arms wrap around me. I hugged her softly and quickly wiped my own tears away.

"Jace come over here too." My mom cried and Jace stood next to me,

"This is what I been waiting for a long time. To see my wonderful children together. All I ever wanted." She cried and I felt jace hand go around my shoulder.

"I'm sorry about everything Joanna." My mom apologized.

"I forgive you ma and I came to see you and I brought someone I would like you to meet."

"Who?" She asked and I motioned for Neymar to come over.

"Mami this is my boyfriend Neymar."  I introduced them to each other.

"It's so nice to meet you." Neymar smiled to her.

"Take good care of her." My mom told him.

"I would never let her go. She's stuck with me for life." Neymar joked and I just nodded agreeing with him.

"Neymar, can you give us a minute?" my mom asked and Neymar walked out the room understanding.

"Jace and Joanna," My mom loked at both of us, "After I die I want you to promise me one thing."

"Whats that?" Jace and I spoke at the same time.

"That you two wont let anything get between you anymore. I want you two to stick together like the twins you are." My mom said and we looked at each other.

"I promise." Jace smiled at me and told her.

"I promise too." I said and she cried from happiness.

Jace ended up having to go and I sat besides my mom bed.

I told her about everything and we caught up with each others lives. I was glad that we did catch up with everything. I was only going to be here for at least two days and then we have to go back to Brazil for the next game. I felt so happy and relieved that my whole family was happy to see me.

When visiting hours were over I had to go back to my old home. I probably missed my old bed the most out of everything.

Neymar's and my luggage were already there so I was happy about that. I was embarresed about the old posters of my old favorite band that was on the wall. I used to be a huge fan of the Jonas Brothers and all he did was laugh at me.

"Neymar," I laid down beside him and rested my head on his chest. I listened to the steady beating of his heart.

"Yes babe?" He asked me.

"I want to stay with you in Brazil." I decided and I honestly do.

"Are you sure?" He asked me.

"Yes i am." I told him.

"You wont regret it baby." Neymar connected our lips together and I laid down on top of him.

Our lips moving in sync slowly and his hands traveled up and down my body before resting peacefully on my back.

He slowly pulled away before opeing his eyes and he looked into mine and smiled.

"I love you."

authors note; well this chapter wasnt that good and i'll just edit it later and i decided i will do the maria/david book but the first couple chapters will be when they first met and then to where they are now. im going to post a prologue either today or tomorrow but have a nice day guys :-) vote please.