chapter 21

sabrina p.o.v

                      I was sitting down on Neymar's lap as I continued to eat my delicious food that they gave me. I was tired of swimming around so I had to get out to grab something to eat. I looked at Maria who was on Davids back as he traveled around the pool. Typical lazy maria.

After, we left I headed back to Thiago's with Maria. Neymar missed his own bed so he went back home and said he'll text me later. But David stayed over again since Maria forced him to basically stay. I took a quick shower before putting on my Hello Kitty pjamas and a tank top.

I laid down on bed exhausted and felt my phone buzz. I knew it was probably Neymar so I grabbed it but it said a different name.

jace: did you read the letter?

me: no i didnt yet.

The letter was still in my bag so I went over and took it out placing it beside me.

jace; my flight doesnt leave until 6 am tomorrow so please read the letter like now.

me; alright but its not like some stupid letter is going to change my decision jace.

jace; lets see.

I opened up the envelope and pulled out the sheet of paper and I recognized the writing as my mothers. I started to read the letter:

                     Dear Joanna,

I know after what we done to you was horrible but if i can take it all back trust me i would. I miss having to watch over you and protect you from everything. I knew I was a control freak but everything i did was to protect you. The day you stood up I was dissapointed at you but after thinking about it I came to realize months later that you were right.

I needed you back in my life before I die. Jace needs you back even though he is afraid to say it. Even your own father needs you back into our lives and he just wont admit it. Joanna please forgive me. Your father was the one who was angry when he found out your dating a pro soccer player. I was happy that you found someone.

I know this is probably too late and you wont forgive me but I need to see you.

Joanna, for several months I been fighting against heart cancer and we realized it too late. I only have a couple weeks and thats it for me. All I want is to see how my daughter is. I'll understand if you dont want to come but my last wish is to see you and no one else.

Mi hija, i need to see you before I die. Just one glance and i'll be happy. You can even go back to Brazil after but I need to see you asap.

What we did to you was horrible and we should be the ones disgraced on how we treated you. Im really sorry about everything and do hope you find it in your heart to forgive me. I love you mi hija and miss you.

Please forgive me.

                             sincerly, mom.

Crying would not explain how I felt in the moment about this letter. I quickly grabbed my phone and texted Jace. I cant believe what I'm about to do.

 Me; what time does your flight leave?

Jace; I knew it and it leaves at six am tomorrow. I have your ticked btw.