Chapter Ten

**Alaska's POV**

I sit in the bathroom, doing my hair and makeup for Shawn and I's first date. I'm really nervous, what if he doesn't like who I really am?

I'm wearing a light pink dress that has diamonds from right under my bra and up, it stops mid thigh, that I paired with sparkly black heels. I decide to straighten my hair so while I'm waiting for it to warm up I do my makeup. I put on foundation, eye liner, and mascara. Then I take makeup and cover my scars, trying to conceal the cuts, even though Shawn accepts me for me.

After I finish my hair I go into the living room and everyone except Shawn is there.

I sit on the couch and everyone looks at me with giant smiles on their faces.

"What?" I ask them, and I start to become insecure.

"You look so pretty!" Avery yells, everyone nods in agreement.

"Really?" I ask right as there is a knock on the door.

I grab my phone and run to the door, causing my heels to click on the wood flooring of our hotel suit.

I open the door, and he smiles at me.

"Are you ready to go?" Shawn asks.

"Yeah, let's go." I say to him.

"Don't wait up!" I yelled to everyone walking out the door.

Shawn and I walk down the streets of LA until we get to the boardwalk. We decide to go for a walk down the beach so I take off my heels and head towards the water.

I look at the ocean, admiring the sunset when I feel arms wrap around my stomach.

"What are you thinking about?" Shawn asks me as he lets go of me.

"Nothing really, just looking at the sunset." It was truly beautiful, the layers of oranges that fade into light pink, and it shadowed the water perfectly.

"Let's walk a little further down." Shawn says, interlocking our fingers together.

As we walk, there's a silence between Shawn and I, but it was a comfortable silence.

"Okay, you have to close your eyes now." Shawn says, I look at him confused.

"You're not going to kill me, right?" I ask him and he smiles.

"No, I promise." He says laughing.

I close my eyes and he guides me along for a good five minutes before we stop.

"Okay, you can open now." He says and I open my eyes.

There, before me, is a beautiful dinner underneath the palm trees. Shawn leads me over to a chair and pulls it out for me.

"This is so sweet, you really didn't have to do this." I say, smiling probably the biggest smile ever.

"It wasn't any trouble, really. I enjoyed setting it up, I like seeing you happy." He said smiling back at me, causing me to blush.

We eat our dinner and make small talk throughout the entire meal. We were talking about our pasts, what we want to do in the future, and so on.

When it gets to be pretty dark out, we decide to go back to the hotel. He holds my hand, trying not to loose me in the crowded streets of LA, which he succeeds at.

When we get into the hotel, we go back up to my room, slowly walking down the halls, not wanting it to be over.

When we get to our door, I try to put my room key in, only to have my arm grabbed. I turn to face Shawn.

"You looked beautiful tonight." He says with a smile that's so perfect it just makes me stare for a couple seconds, admiring it.

"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself. Thanks for taking me out." I say, returning the smile.

I'm about to turn away when he grabs my waist and leans into me, kissing me softly and I kiss back. Butterflies are racing through me and I never want it to end.

Then the door opens, we break away and everyone stares at us.

"I thought I heard you two stop talking!" Nash says, breaking the silence that fell before us.

"Dude, were you spying on us? What the hell!" Shawn yells back at him.

"Hey man," Nash says raising his arms up in defense, "everyone in here is just as guilty." He smiles.

"Okay, let's give them a minute." Liz says, leading everyone back into the living room.

We stand there for a minute before I speak up.

"You know, they are probably timing us..." I laugh.

"Yeah, you're probably right. Goodnight Alaska." He smiles at me, and I return it.

"Goodnight Shawn." I say as he kisses my cheek.

I hug him and walk inside the room, closing the door.

"I'm going to bed." I say to everyone in the living room and they all nod.

I go into my room and get ready for bed. When I get into bed my phone rings, I look at it and it's a text message.

Goodnight beautiful😘

-Shawn

And for once in a long time I go to sleep with a smile on my face.

*****

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating sooner, I had a hard time thinking of something to write, and sorry for any spelling/grammar errors I didn't really have time to read through it, I apologize if it wasn't what you were expecting/wanting. Anyways, thanks for reading it means a lot ~Alaska<3