#132: Thanksgiving

#132:  Thanksgiving - meetingniallatnandos

Niall:  “I really think that we should have this holiday everywhere!” Niall mumbled as he stuffed his face with another spoonful of mashed potatoes. You giggled slightly, handing your messy boyfriend another napkin. You knew that Niall would love celebrating a holiday that was practically all about food. And he loved spending more time with you, and getting to know your family better. You were surprised however, that Niall got really into the football game. Although, you did have to keep reminding him which team was which and how many points a touchdown was worth. “Okay, so the blue team is the Cowboys, and the red team is the Redskins?” Niall asked you quietly for the fifth time. “Yes Niall, the RED team is the REDskins”, you laughed as you grabbed his hand, pressing a small kiss to his cheek. Later that night, you and Niall sat outside, his arm wrapped tightly around you. “That was without a doubt the best food I’ve ever had! I can’t wait for next year”, Niall said, kissing your temple. “Me either”, you replied, smiling as you snuggled into his chest.

Liam:  Every year for Thanksgiving, you and all of your family would spend the day at your grandparent’s house. It was the only house big enough, really. Your family was huge! The aunts, the uncles, the cousins, the second and third cousins, the brothers and sisters. And now Liam would be there too. It was kind of funny, the fact that you were so nervous and shaking while Liam was completely calm. “It’s alright sweetie”, Liam said as he gently rubbed your arm. “It’s just your family.” And you knew that you shouldn’t be nervous, that you didn’t have any reason to be. But you couldn’t help it. Liam was so important to you, and you wanted everyone to love him as much as you did. And by the end of the night, you realized that you had been worrying for nothing, like always. Your family absolutely loved Liam! Your crazy aunt talked about tattoos with him, your grandpa talked about his time in England when he was in the army, and all of your cousins dragged him around, playing loads of board games. It couldn’t have gone any better, and both you and Liam knew that he would be celebrating many more holidays with you and your family.

Louis:  Your family prided themselves on having a large amount of food every Thanksgiving. There was turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, salad, baked beans, dinner rolls, and let’s not forget the pumpkin, pecan, and cherry pies. And that wasn’t even everything! Louis’ eyes went wide when he saw the enormous amount of food that completely covered the table, as well as the surrounding counters. You laughed at his shocked expression, pulling him towards your seats. “How can you possibly eat all of this?!” Louis gasped as he watched everyone fill up their plates. “Oh, you’ll see soon enough. It’s delicious!” you replied, poking his stomach playfully. And you were right. Louis was now on his third, or was it fourth, plateful. “Wow Louis, how can you possible eat all of that?!” you mimicked him teasingly. “Shut up”, he laughed, grabbing for another piece of pie. About an hour later, you see Louis sprawled out on the couch. You sat next to him, giving him a knowing look of pity. “So…full” he mumbled. “Aww, poor baby”, you laughed, rubbing his stomach gently. “This is an evil holiday”, he grumbled, although you knew he really loved it.

Zayn:  You pulled on the length of you dress, nervously trying to make sure it was perfect. You hadn’t seen your family in a few months, and now you stood with Zayn at the fancy dinner party that your family had every Thanksgiving. Your parents didn’t really approve of you and Zayn, and naturally that had created a bit of tension. You were honestly surprised when they invited Zayn to join you for the dinner, and of course Zayn wanted to make a good impression, so he agreed to come. The two of you stood in the entrance of the dining room, waiting for the bell that would signal the start of dinner. “It’s okay babe, everything is going fine”, Zayn whispered in your ear, planting a small kiss to your lips. But it wasn’t fine. You knew how your parents were, and you could already see them staring at Zayn, silently judging him. The dinner bell rang, interrupting your thoughts. Everyone took their seats at the long table as the food was being brought out. It was a tradition to go around the table, saying what you were thankful for, and it was now Zayn’s turn. “What are you thankful for Zayn?” you mother asked, and you knew she would try to cause trouble. “Your money? Your fame? Your tattoos?” Your face burned bright red with anger, and before you could say anything Zayn grabbed your hand. “I’m thankful for Y/N”, he said with a large smile. “And for your generosity in having me here. Thank you so much.” Your mom stayed silent for a moment before clearing her throat. “How lovely”, she said bitterly. You smiled at Zayn, squeezing his hand. “I love you”, he whispered. “I love you too”.

Harry:  You were devastated when you found out that you wouldn’t be able to go home for Thanksgiving this year. You had just recently been hired for a new job, and being the newest employee you were forced to work Thanksgiving morning. That night your heart felt heavy as you made your way up the stairs to the apartment that you and Harry shared together. You walked in the door to an oddly familiar smell. Harry was setting a large plate full of turkey on the table that was already filled with other food. He turned around quickly, his green eyes sparkling from the candles. “Happy Thanksgiving!” he said, holding his arms out to present the food on the table. Your eyes began to tear up as you made your way towards Harry. “Thank you so much”, you mumbled into his chest as he enveloped you in a hug. “Of course baby. You know I’d do anything for you”, he said sweetly, kissing your forehead. “Come on, let’s eat. I’m starving!” he laughed as he pulled out your seat. Even though you weren’t able to be with your family, it was definitely the best Thanksgiving you had ever had.