#94: The Other Boys Bond with Your New Baby

#94: The Other Boys Bond with Your New Baby - 1directiondreams

Liam:  “My turn, my turn!” Louis says, acting like a child by making grabby hands towards Zayn who’s currently holding Makenzie in his arms.  Zayn hands the baby over as Louis begins to coo, “Aww aren’t you just the sweetest little thing?”  Harry reaches over and places his finger in her little hand, which she fastens onto immediately.  Niall walks in with a bottle which he’d prepared with the help of Liam.  He hands it to Louis who begins feeding her.  All is going well until she starts fussing.  Louis lifts her a bit, leaning back.  “I didn’t do it!” he says quickly.  “Is she broken?” Harry asks.  You laugh as Liam picks your daughter up out of Louis’ arms and tries to soothe her.

Zayn:  Lane lets out a fart that’s big enough to have come out of a grown man.  The boys all find this hilarious and Harry comments, “He sounds like his Uncle Niall.”  As the smell lingers, you all begin to realize that more than just air came out of that little bum.  “Somebody needs a diaper change,” Louis singsongs.  “Liam, would you like to do the honors?” Niall asks, not wanting to be the one stuck with such a task.  “Why me?!”  “Well, they don’t call you Daddy Direction for nothing,” Harry explains.  Liam sighs, giving in.  He grabs the necessities as Niall lays Lane down on the couch.  Liam opens the diaper and the four boys simultaneously make a disgusted “eww” sound.  After fumbling for a few minutes, Liam manages to get Lane cleaned up and into a fresh diaper.  You and Zayn return to the room to see your son in the twisted up diaper, and laugh warmly at your friends’ attempts to help you.

Harry:  Carson had been born with a full head of brown hair, and Louis had taken it upon himself to spike it up into a baby mohawk.  The boys find this absolutely hilarious and Niall is quick to take pictures and post them to Twitter.  “He’s gonna be a rockstar for sure,” Zayn states.  “We should get him a little leather jacket for his first birthday,” Liam suggests.  “We’ll have to get him a little guitar too,” Niall adds on.  “Think of all the pussy he’ll get,” Harry quotes himself, sending the other guys into a fit of laughter.  As the boys continue to plan out your son’s future rock and roll career, you get home from grocery shopping.  You enter the room, and when you see you son’s hair, stop dead in your tracks.  “I’m glad to see you boys are mature enough to take care of a baby,” you say through a small laugh, scooping your son up in your arms to give him a kiss.

Louis:  After burping Lea, you hand her over to Harry.  “I need a shower, she needs a bath - do you guys think you can handle giving her one?”  Zayn looks panicked as he asks, “Louis will be home with the pizza soon, can’t she wait till then?”  “I have faith in you boys.  Her baby shampoo is on the kitchen counter.”  You retreat to the bathroom leaving the boys to stare at each other and try to figure out what to do next.  Liam takes Lea from Harry and leads the way into the kitchen.  He turns the water on and begins filling the sink with a few inches worth of water.  Niall takes the baby from his arms and begins peeling her clothes off, placing her gently into the sink.  He remains there to hold her up, claiming his duty and leaving the other boys to do the real work.  Harry lathers her up and gets her nice and clean, Liam rinses her off, and Zayn has the towel ready and waiting for when she’s done.  “We make a pretty good team, lads!” Liam states proudly and Lea’s eyes light up happily.

Niall:  Zayn is trying his hand at feeding Cole when he suddenly spits out what was in his mouth.  It’s dripping down his face and Zayn is silently freaking out - you can tell by the look on his face.  Niall grabs a spit cloth and wipes Cole’s face clean.  “Are you sure he’s your son, Niall?  He sure doesn’t seem to appreciate food the way you do,” Harry mentions.  Niall laughs and throws a pillow at him.  “I think he’s about done with that.  He needs to be burped now,” you tell Zayn.  “I can handle this part,” Louis says, lifting Cole out of Zayn’s arms and propping the baby up on his shoulder.  He begins rubbing and patting his back as Liam gets behind Louis to make faces at Cole and play with him a bit.  You watch on, enjoying the sight of all these grown men around you going completely gaga over a little baby.