#61: A Stalkerish Fan Hurts You

#61: A Stalkerish Fan Hurts You - 1directiondreams

Liam:  “What’s got you so jumpy lately?” Liam asks you one day while out walking around.  Every time a fan had approached, you’d instinctively stiffened up, ready to bolt at any moment.  You’d been receiving threatening messages from a “fan” of Liam’s for the last few days, but you hadn’t said anything because you hadn’t wanted to worry him.  “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” you say, trying to play the behavior off innocently.  As another couple of girls approach your boyfriend, you take a step back and let Liam chat with them.  One of the girls keeps eyeing you in a way that has your stomach in knots.  Somehow you just know she’s the girl who’s been sending you the messages.  As Liam turns his attention to taking a picture with the other girl, the one who’s been glaring at you lunges towards you, nearly knocking you off your feet.  Liam is quick to react, pulling you out of the “fan’s” grasp.  You’re clearly shaken up by the incident, a few tears streaming down your cheeks and a cut trailing down a few inches of your arm where her ring caught your skin.  The girl and her friend had run off as fast as they could as soon as Liam had stepped in, so his full attention is on you.  “Are you ok??” he asks you, panicked.  You nod your head yes, but your tears give you away, contradicting your nod.  Liam pulls you into a hug and holds you tightly, laying his head atop yours.  You tell him about the messages and how you think she might have been the one sending them.  He promises that he’ll talk to the police, show them the messages, and do anything in his power to catch her and make sure she pays for her actions.

Zayn:  You’re at a signing with Zayn, enjoying spending a little time mingling with some fans.  One of them hands you a folded up piece of paper saying, “Here, someone told me to give this to you.”  You open it and it reads, “You suck.  You don’t deserve Zayn.  You’re going down.”  You kind of shrug off the note, figuring it’s just another jealous fan, but a few minutes later, another fan hands you a note.  This one is in the same handwriting with another, more threatening message.  Feeling a bit more uncomfortable after this message, you seek out Zayn’s presence for some comfort.  You walk behind where he’s seated at the table and he greets you warmly.  After a minute, he begins to give you the impression that it would be better if you weren’t standing behind the table afterall, so you slink back over to where you had been.  Within a few minutes, you hear whispering coming from behind you: “There she is…”  As you turn around to face whoever is behind you, a hand reaches out and grabs your hair roughly.  “Ow!!” you yelp, gaining the attention of everyone around you as the girl yanks your hair.  Upon causing that scene, she takes off running, a couple of security guards hot on her tail.  Zayn gets up and runs over to you.  “Baby!  Are you ok?  What just happened?”  He ushers you off to a more private area while you explain the events leading up to a few moments ago.  Once in the privacy of the small corner Zayn’s brought you to, you break down in frightened tears and hand him the notes you’re still clutching in your hand.  Zayn reads them before he crumples them in his palm as he pulls you in towards him.  “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have let you go back over there.”  “You didn’t know,” you reassure him, letting his embrace calm your shaky nerves.

Niall: You walk into the house, completely shaken up and looking like a mess.  “Oh my God!” Niall exclaims, jumping to his feet.  “What happened??”  Your face crumples up and you lose all composure.  Niall wraps you in the tightest hug he can.  “Shh, shh, you’re ok.  Just tell me what happened,” he soothes desperately.  “Can you just hold me for now?” you ask through your tears and sniffles, not wanting to relive it just yet.  “Of course, of course.”  He picks you up and carries you to the couch, sitting down with you in his lap.  He keeps his arms wrapped securely around you and rocks you gently until you’re ready to talk.  You explain all about the hateful messages you’d been getting and about how the person sending them had manged to track you down and tried to attack you.  Your temple is beginning to turn purple due to the bruise you now have as a result of her head knocking into your own.  A tear trickles down Niall’s cheek as he wipes away your own and kisses the bruising area gingerly.  “I’m so sorry that happened, sweetie.  And I’m even more sorry that I wasn’t there to protect you.”  “It’s not your fault,” you promise, nuzzling your face into his neck, just wanting to feel safe again in his arms.

Harry:  “Now don’t freak out,” you say into the receiver of the phone, “but I’m in the ER,” you tell Harry.  “What?!  Which hospital?  I’m on my way!” Harry exclaims hastily.  “Babe, babe, chill out.  It’s ok.  It’s really no big deal,” you try to assure him.  “Doesn’t matter, I’m still coming.”  Twenty-five minutes later, Harry is by your side asking you what happened, eyes never leaving the stitches above your eye.  “So then she just hit you?” Harry questions for clarification.  “Yup, just decked me.  She has a terrible shot though.  How did she manage to hit me in the eyebrow?” you try to make light of the situation.  “So…she followed you around all day, making nasty comments, and then just came at you?” Harry presses.  “Yes.  For the last time, yes.  That’s exactly what happened,” you confirm.  “I gotta say, you’re handling this awfully well.”  “She was just some jealous fan.  No real harm was done.  For now, I’m choosing to pretend it never happened,” your voice cracks a bit as you continue, “but if this kind of thing happens again…” you trail off into a stream of tears.  Harry pulls you in close.  “It won’t.  I swear to you it won’t.  I won’t let it,” he promises.

Louis:  “Where did this come from?”  Louis asks you, holding up a picture that you are all-too familiar with.  You look away, ashamed.  “Someone sent to it me,” you admit quietly.  “They sent it to you?  Where did it even come from?  That looks like our bathroom you’re in.”  You refuse to meet his gaze, keeping your eyes trained on the floor.  He realizes that his observations are correct, and he drops into a squat in front of you to be eye level with you.  He takes your face in his hands, forcing you to face him.  “Why didn’t you tell me??” he asks urgently.  “I didn’t wanna worry you,” you explain.  “And this was the better option?” he asks, disapprovingly.  Your eyes prick with tears and you look away again.  “Oh God, baby, I’m sorry.  I didn’t mean it like that,” he apologizes, running a hand through your hair.  You wince and pull away.  He jerks his hand away from your head, surprised, before gently pulling the strands back from your face to reveal a large gash by your hairline.  “[Y/N]!” he gasps, “What exactly happened?!  You have to tell me so we can get this all taken care of.”  You relate the entire story back to him, starting from the very beginning, and by the end, you’re both in tears, Louis feeling extremely guilty for not being able to protect you from this.