My own personal bathroom?

The upstairs consisted of four bedrooms. Thankfully, the white decor did not extend into the bedrooms. Each room featured a different, neutral palette. I wondered with excitement which room I would pick. In addition, there was a bathroom on each side of the house, connecting two bedrooms to each other. I realized with some excitement that I was going to have my own bathroom. I have to admit, it almost made all of this, the moving, the new life, everything, worth it.

“Wow.” I heard Grady breath. “Wait till Lindy sees this. Lindy!” he screamed. I reluctantly tore myself from a daydream of a full spa day courtesy of my soon to be own personal bathroom and wandered slowly out of the right front bedroom and into one of the back ones. I had barely looked in before going to one of the front rooms. Peeking over the shoulders of three boys much taller than me had afforded me only the most basic of glances.

“Lindy,” Grady grinned from the balcony. “Take a look at this.”

Balcony, I thought. I’m going to have my own balcony? Yes! Visions of lazy days reading and writing on a gorgeous balcony overlooking the hills of Tennessee danced in my head.

But it was even better than I expected.

The balcony featured a wrought iron railing across the front, with solid walls flanking it. The boys were gathered at the corner, staring at something in the backyard.

What could they be looking at? I thought idly as I approached. I had seen the backyard and it had been rather small and narrow.

I couldn’t help but gasp when I saw it.

Directly across from us were two more identical houses, making a total of four. But what interested the boys was what was beneath us.

All four houses shared a pool. It, too, was surrounded by a high fence and the same familiar greenery. Deep set gates allowed admittance and deck chairs and umbrella covered tables surrounded the pool.

I think that was the first time I felt excited about what was coming. I was happy and hopeful, sure that everything was going to be smooth sailing from here on out and that I was going to love all that lay before me.

Boy, was I wrong.

****Please remember to vote if you enjoyed this section of The Rockstar Chronicles. It means a lot to me to get your feedback!****