Exploring

"Well?" Grady whispered. "What do you think?"

I raised my eyebrows in surprise. I hadn’t expected him to talk to me, not while the guys were around. He hung back, his hands shoved in his pockets as we climbed the stairs to the bedrooms.

Only the master bedroom was on the ground floor. It was huge, to my eyes at least. The bathroom alone was bigger than my room back home. Sliding glass doors looked out over a narrow strip of landscaped lawn and a gray stone patio.

Grady hadn’t spoken a word to me as we explored the basement, which featured an entertainement room, or the ground floor with two bathrooms (the master and the guest), a study, a living room, a dining room, and a kitchen, which we all avoided like the plague.

But now, as we climbed the white carpeted stairs to the second floor, he hung back to speak to me. I paused, unsure of what to say.

"I guess… I mean, I guess it looks alright. So far," I added cautiously.

He nodded quickly. "That’s how I feel," he said, but I wondered if he meant it.

"I mean, I don’t like all the white." I gestured to the stark walls and heavy carpeting. "They must not know much about teenagers. This place will be filthy in no time."

Grady laughed. A genuine, heartfelt laugh. "I know, that’s just what I was thinking."

"Wait till you see the rooms," Ryder called over the railing. We picked up our pace in anticipation.

****Please remember to vote if you enjoyed this section of The Rockstar Chronicles. It means a lot to me to get your feedback!****