Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

My mind quickly registered the fact that he looked completely edible in a leather jacket and dark jeans, with his hair in a sexy messed up way.

Raiden stared at our position with a blank expression. I was snapped out of my thoughts about how good he looked when Zach awkwardly coughed from underneath me.

I quickly scrambled up, accidentally crushing Zach's man part in the process and he groaned. My hair fell in front of me, covering my hot cheeks as I mumbled apology after apology.

I took a few steps away from Zach and glanced up at Raiden. His hands were formed into fists, eyes were screwed tight and his mouth was pressed into a thin line.

"You have three seconds to run," he whispered, it was dark but it was also very hot.

I turned my head towards Zach but he was already bolting to the door before Raiden could start counting. How did he move so fast?

"What was that about?" he mumbled in a tight voice after Zach slammed the front door shut. He opened his eyes and blackness swirled around his pupil.

I stepped back, he was pissed.

In a nervous rant and completely not thinking about what I was saying, I rambled on about this morning; about how I fell asleep during his phone call, Zach picking me up from bed, me slapping his butt, the photo and wrestling and how we ended on the floor.

Raiden's chest was heaving with rage after I finished as he tried to control his breathing. He had snarled when he heard me touching Zach's butt which resulted into me stumbling over my words with red cheeks.

"Sorry for falling asleep on you this morning," I glanced down and played with my fingers, breaking the silence that surrounded us. I didn't know what else to say.

He didn't respond and something knotted in my stomach... Was he angry at me? I laughed inwardly at myself as I asked the stupid question. Of course Raiden was angry at me, he barely said anything to me after I finished and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't count his expression as 'joy'.

But my subconscious pointed out, 'why would he be angry at you? It's not like he likes you or anything'.

I wasn't looking at him as a frown appeared on my face. Deep disappointment spread through me as the truth hit me hard. He didn't like me, obviously.

But also, a tiny voice whispered inside my head, 'if he didn't like you then why is he making an effort to talk to you? And why is he acting like an over-jealous boyfriend when he found out what was happening between you and Zach?' This gave me new hope.

I rubbed my temples. It was like an angel was on one side of my shoulders and the devil was on the other. I was so confused and torn about the situation.

"I'll drive you to school," Raiden's tone was clipped and he turned his back on me. My heart broke when he started acting cold towards me and I took a deep breath as the hurt built in my chest.

"Okay, give me 10 minutes," I quickly ran up the stairs, taking two steps at a time. Changing out of my pyjamas and into a hoodie and leggings in two minutes, I then ran to the bathroom. I squirted toothpaste with rushed hands and brushed my teeth, using the other hand that wasn't occupied to start brushing my mess of a hair. Wincing in pain at my aching scalp, I quickly ran out of my room and downstairs breathlessly.

"I'm done," he nodded and I brushed his coldness off even though it stung.

He walked to the door and I followed him, grabbing my bag before I locked the door. Trailing behind him, I had to jog to met up with his strides.