Chapter 14

Chapter 14:

Throughout the whole week, I was anticipating my date with Raiden. I was so distracted that during the hours I was working at Trevor's, I slipped up a lot of times. I kept on apologising as I made the wrong order for a customer, twice, and doing stupid things like accidentally knocking over someone's coffee as I was cleaning up.

I slightly regretted asking Trevor and Anne if I could work here because I was such a clumsy and awkward person and I didn't want to cause trouble but I was glad I could at least help in a way.

It was five in the afternoon on Friday and my palms were sweating bucket loads. Mistakes were occurring even more than usual and Anne caught on, "what's wrong with you London? You're clumsier today."

I sheepishly grinned, "sorry, I just...," I didn't think mentioning I had a date with Raiden was going to be helpful, "...have a lot on my mind at the moment."

"Why don't you go home, then? You look like you need a rest," I opened my mouth to protest but she bet me to it, "plus it's deserted in here."

Sadly, it was. There wasn't a single customer in here and I somehow managed to mess up even when nobody was in here.

"Thanks Anne," I hugged her and took my apron off. I hung it on the rack and grabbed my cellphone and keys. There was a text from Raiden, "can't wait until seven."

I grinned and thought, 'me too'.

As I was driving, I thought about the last two weeks, which I shouldn't of. Everything had whirled past, leaving me confused and disoriented. Werewolves, alphas, soul mates. I don't even know how I'm coping through this without screaming. I would like to think that I had an open-mind about things, not like other people. Hopefully, Raiden would clear up some more things tonight.

I got home and like usual, it was deserted. Yesterday, I left a note on the table for mum, telling her I had a date tonight plus I jolted down my new number for her as well. She called me today and bombarded me with questions.

It was during work and I was lazily standing behind the counter, scanning outside the window. My phone buzzed and an anonymous number flashed on the screen.

"Hel..." before I could finish, someone squealed.

"Oh my goodness, sweetie! When did you get a phone? You have a date? With who? Do I know him? Or her?" The last one left me more confused.

"Mum? Calm down."

She took an excited breath, "sorry."

"When did you get a phone? Didn't you just start working?" she asked.

"Oh, someone got this for me," I mumbled uncomfortably.

I could practically hear her cheeky grin through the phone, "is it from your date?"

I nodded, then realised she couldn't see me, "yeah."

She started shrieking again and I held the phone out from my ear. My poor little eardrums, "who is it? Female or male?"

I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose, "mum, even though there isn't a problem with lesbians, I'm pretty sure I'm straight."

"Oh, I just thought because you had never dated or kissed anyone before, you know..." she trailed off.

When she mentioned kissing a deep blush grew on my cheeks. Raiden had been my first kiss. I wondered if I had told him that, would he of continued?

"Sorry, sweetie. Anyways, what's his name?" She gushed and I could hear her jumping up and down before something clanged and made a huge noise from the other side of the phone. "Everything alright?" I bit my lip to stop laughing.