Chapter 4

Chapter 4:

After that horrible episode with Raiden, I left a note on the counter for my parents.

'Mum, dad ,' I wrote on a small orange post-it, 'I'm feeling sick, is it okay if I rest at home tomorrow?'

Obviously, I was not sick. But I had a feeling Raiden could be at the forest tomorrow and I did not feel like eating in the crowded cafeteria with smelly high school students.

When mum came home at 2am, she came into my room and shook me awake. She felt my forehead and whispered, "gosh London, you're boiling!" I mumbled and tried to act sick.

"You are definitely not going to school tomorrow," somehow, my mum didn't manage to catch my horrible acting so I was left alone with some aspirin and water. I felt bad for lying to my mum because she had always trusted my decisions.

The only reason I was probably 'boiling' was because I had been thinking about the incident that had happened in the kitchen. And how Raiden had the softest hot lips that had felt so good on my neck.

I blushed again to myself as that moment flashed in my mind. Dammit Raiden, get out of my thoughts! After a while, I finally managed to get some shut eye with a pair of dark hooded eyes invading my dreams.

It was one o'clock in the afternoon when the doorbell suddenly rung. I stopped munching on my packet of chips and placed them down on the couch. Fixing my hair and making sure I looked somewhat presentable, I opened the door and was gobsmacked at what I saw.

Raiden and Zach we're standing in front of me, immediately turning their heads when I opened the door.

"Um, h-hi," I stuttered quietly, thrown completely by surprise that they were standing on the front steps of my house.

We stood there in an uncomfortable silence for a while; me shifting from one foot to the other while Zach started whistling Pharrell's 'Happy' without a care in the world and Raiden scanning me from top to bottom.

I didn't mean he was scanning my bottom! I meant, he was checking me out from head to toe. A crimson blush found its way on my cheeks as I thought about Raiden checking out my bottom.

Raiden disregarded me with interest, "what are you thinking?" his low voice asked me, a sound I admittedly had been craving to hear all night.

I averted my eyes from his and looked anywhere else but in his direction. Because every time I did, the blush I desperately wanted to fade would zoom back with full force.

"Well," Zach, thankfully, interrupted, "I was thinking that you two should stop flirting so London could let us in before our butts freeze off." Obviously, your butts would freeze off, you're both only wearing one thin piece of clothing. Raiden was wearing a simple but mouth-watering black dress shirt while Zach was wearing a short-sleeved top.

Before I could move, Zach grabbed both of my arms, hoisted me to the side and placed me down which caused a slight squeak to burst out of my mouth.

What he did next nearly killed him.

"Thanks babe," he leaned forward and kissed me. On the cheek.

Everything happened in a second. Raiden's eyes clouded with darkness and a vicious but somewhat sexy growl filled the room. He clutched Zach's collar and shoved him on the wall, causing the photos on the wall to shake and the front door to slam shut.

"Don't you ever fucking do that or call her that ever again!" Raiden's body started trembling with anger, I could practically feel it. "Why did you do that? You were only meant to look out for her, not get close to her!" his voice was low, very low and it seemed like he was spitting the words out.