Chapter 12

A/N:

Please remember this story is of fiction; so any of the characters, story plot, places are all fake.

And please don't copy my story, I have worked so hard on it.

Thanks

Chapter 12:

This morning I arrived late at homeroom, with no Zach in sight. Mr Ryan let me off with an after school detention with him. I didn't know he was allowed to do that with a student , that he was allowed to keep a student alone with him since he was really young but oh well.

Right now, I was staring out my window as Mr Ryan wrote on his papers. I was still thinking about dad's unfinished history lesson with me this morning, impatiently thinking of how the story would finish.

I could hear Mr Ryan's head snapping up to look at me a few times and I tried to act as though I could feel his gaze, but it was really unnerving and causing discomfort in me.

"London, everything okay?" he was trying to make conversion, probably finding the silence uncomfortable.

I cleared my throat, "yeah, thanks."

"You know, you were always here alone in the mornings and I catch you by yourself out in the corridors," I had no idea where he was leading this, "do you have any friends?"

"Zach," I mumbled, why was he asking me?

His face formed in a scowl, but then quickly shot me a smile to hide it, "you guys just met, how can you be friends so fast? Please don't take offense, but you don't seem like a social person, London."

That was a pretty good observation from Mr Ryan, who probably had 300 other students to look after. It was true, I didn't like to socialize but I was honestly fine being by myself. I liked being independent, not having people to have any kind of hold over me. It's nice to know that you can count on yourself.

I blushed as I tried to come up with words to reply, "well, Zach and I have been hanging out so we've been closer."

"Hmm," he thought carefully about what he was going to say, "if, you know, you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm always here to help."

I blinked in surprise, "why?"

"You're my student," he nonchalantly replied, "plus, you're one of the only decent ones in here."

I giggled at his words, not expecting him to say something like that about his students.

"Thanks, Mr Ryan. I appreciate it."

"Just make sure you're not late next time," he tried to keep our conversion light.

•••••

Mr Ryan actually told me that he had decided to keep me in to talk to me, while I found that kinda creepy it was also kinda cute for some unknown reason. I'm glad I had such a cool, and also mention hot, homeroom teacher who actually cared for their students.

After detention had ended, I strolled to Trevor's Cafe because I didn't want to be stuck in my house by myself. I hesitantly opened the door, wondering if Anne would still welcome me after I had left with Raiden the other day.

The bell sounded and Trevor's head popped up to look at me as I walked in. He happily smiled at me and a bit of relief flooded through me; at least Trevor was happy to see me.

Trevor was a tall lean man, with dirty blond hair formed in an afro and a nice mustache. He was wearing a black shirt with jeans and a floury apron draped on top.