Chapter 15

Chapter 15:

I literally choked on my own saliva.

"A-alpha?" now mixed emotions began twirling around in my mind, muddling my thoughts about Raiden.

He nodded slowly, assessing my reaction slowly.

"Oh," I extracted my hands from Raiden's warm ones but immediately regretted the decision when my hands became cold.

Raiden frowned at the loss of contact and stared at my hands for a few moments. Raiden was the alpha of his pack? Woah, that's pretty impressive and... somehow hot as well.

Dad had said alphas had a lot of power and were in charge of things; no wonder Raiden was always busy. Pieces were starting to fit togehter in the confusing Raiden puzzle. 

"What do you think about it?" his smooth voice erased my worries. I had grown to love the Raiden, alpha or not and I wasn't going to let something like that get in my way. Love? Did I love Raiden?

"I think it's really hot."

My eyes widened and I slapped a hand to my mouth. Gosh, I am so embarrassing. I flushed even deeper when Raiden chuckled and his eyes lit up with mischief. He looked young and carefree at the moment and I suddenly realized that his eyes crinkled at the sides when he laughed. It was adorable and I had un urge to kiss that exact spot. Stop it with these thoughts!

"I'm glad you do, love," he shot me a cheeky wink, "at least you weren't running for the hills... yet." 

I gave a nervous chuckle, that would never happen.

"Is... it a difficult job?" I asked.

He contemplated the answer for a bit, "I have been training for this position since I was a young boy. My father would bring me to his office and show me how to run the pack and sometimes he'd let me do some decision making, like meeting with other alphas or buying new land. The job of an alpha is to make the pack safe, make sure their living a safe and comfortable life and keeping an eye to make sure everything is at peace." 

I nodded, it seemed like a pressuring job. 

"There are normally two alphas in the pack," two alphas? Now this was news to me, well, everything was news to me. 

"There is the male alpha, who takes the job over the former alpha when they decide to step down or if they die. Then there is the female alpha, preferably the luna. She is the mate of the male alpha and her main job is to help the male alpha with decisions or keep the alpha in line. As you can tell, male alphas get aggressive quickly," I chuckled and he shot me a small grin. Raiden was being more open with me tonight and showed me a lot of his playful nature. I loved it. 

"So, whose the lucky girl that gets to witness your angry outbursts?" I playfully nudged him in the shoulder as my heart twanged with pain. He looked at me intently but shrugged. I guess he hasn't found his mate yet. It must've been hard looking after the pack all these years without any help from anyone. 

"How many people are there in your pack?" 

"Closing around three hundred now," my jaw dropped. Raiden has to look after 300 werewolves? That's... wow. 

He placed a gently hand on my chin and set it back, "unless you're offering, love, close your mouth."

"I have an important question," I said.

"Shoot."

"Is the whole of your pack here?"

"No, only some of us."

"Why?"

"You know that my house is pretty far away right, all the way in the forest. Well, that's the pack house and I have a room there, though that isn't my house. There are more houses behind the forest for families or people who want to live by themselves if they have money. There are 300 people in my pack and we need more space, that's why we've been scouting your town for a bit now. A nearby ally pack has asked if people could come and live with us since they've recently been attacked by rogues. This is another story that I'll have to tell you some other time."