Chapter 10

Chapter 10:

They were all staring at me cautiously, I had no idea why though. Raiden sighed and ran his hands over his face. I, somehow, finally noticed that he had developed dark bags under his eyes and looked like he could barely keep his eyes open. I don't know how I never noticed that and mentally smacked myself for being so stupid.

"Would you give us a moment?" Raiden murmured to Zach, who nodded and waved goodbye to me before leaving. Anne crossed her arms and glared at him, "you're not going anywhere with her, not while I'm around. I won't let you hurt her."

None of my questions were answered and only more had popped up. Raided slid out of the booth and extended an arm towards me, "come on, I think I have something to tell you."

"Get away from her! I told yo..." I tuned out Anne, and all I could focus on was Raiden. Even though she was shouting at her, fear was evidently in her eyes and she did nothing to stop him apart from trying to talk him out of it, whatever 'it' was.

Even though everything in me was screaming me to stay away from Raiden, I couldn't. Well, that wouldn't actually mean everything then. My brain was a scrambled mess and I had no idea what I was thinking, which was probably why I didn't listen to Anne and took Raiden's hand.

He sent me a small smile, but relief was clear in his eyes. He pulled me out of the booth, placed a twenty on the table and lead us out of the cafe. Everyone, two people, in the cafe followed us out with their eyes. I took my hand out of Raiden and he automatically started searching for mine but abruptly stopped and clenched his hand in a fist.

I wanted to say sorry, but I was so confused. We drove in silence and suddenly the buildings outside blurred into trees. I looked at Raiden but he wouldn't glance at me and I sighed in defeat. What was he up to?

He suddenly swerved into a rocky trail and I placed my hands on the side of my seat.

Suddenly a stunning white mansion showed up and my mouth popped open. It was absolutely breathtaking. Large pillars stood by the door with a grand entrance to the house. There were a dozen windows that probably lead to even beautiful rooms.

Raiden was watching me and I shut my mouth quickly. "It's... wow," I whispered.

He gave a nod. I was still gazing at the mansion and before I knew it, the car door was opened and Raiden was holding it. My heart fluttered at the gentlemen act and I was honestly wondering how I managed to get close enough with a guy like Raiden.

I couldn't get over the fact that the house was absolutely... amazing. And I realized I had run out of adjectives for how beautiful this house was.

"How can you afford this?" I asked sadly as I watched him unlock the door. There was so much about him I still didn't know.

"I'll get to that," he sighed, sounding like he'll do anything to not say anything.

We walked and turned into many hallways that if he told me to get out on my own, I would definitely get lost and probably find my way out next week.

The carpets were plush and there were vases with flowers on classic tables by the wall. Old art was hung as well, making this look more like a castle. We finally stopped in front of double wooden doors and Raiden took one more look at me, wondering if I still wanted to on go. I nodded and he opened the heavy doors. Inside was a plain but beautiful office. It was completely modern, compared to the house. Everything was either black; the walls and floor, the desk and chairs, or white: a few decorations and the bookshelf.

"This is my office," he gruffly said, before going to take a seat. He comfortably sat down and looked completely at ease. Raiden gestured at the seat in front of him and I hesitantly took steps forward.