Chapter 7

Chapter 7:

Buzz, buzz.

I groaned as my phone vibrated on my bedside table, awakening me from my slumber. My hands unwillingly came out of my warm haven and felt around for it.

I didn't remember setting up an alarm, usually my body would just automatically wake me up at 7 in the morning. My eyes blinked a few times, shaking myself out of sleepiness, before I unlocked my phone.

I narrowed my eyes at the sudden brightness and found that I got a text from Raiden,

'Good morning, beautiful' it read.

I slowly grinned like an idiot, my mind sluggishly processing it. It was 6 in the morning, why was he texting me so early? I typed back a quick hi and pulled my comforter off of me.

I jumped in surprise as my phone unexpectedly started ringing. Raiden was calling me.

"Um, hello?" I asked tiredly in my husky morning voice. Raiden inhaled sharply and my cheeks reddened in embarrassment. I cleared my throat and repeated, "hello?"

"Did I wake you up?" he asked angrily.

I blinked at his sudden tone, completely not expecting him to sound like that, "don't worry, I was about to wake up anyways."

He sighed, not believing me, "why'd you call?" I asked.

"When I texted you, I didn't know you were awake. So I decided to call you when you texted back plus, I wanted your voice to be the first thing I heard in the morning," he replied with complete honesty, though you could also hear the self-hatred in his tone as he believed that he woke me up. My face became hot, not expecting him to think exactly what I was thinking.

I slipped into my fuzzy slippers and wrapped a robe around my cold body that was covered in thin sleepwear, "oh."

"Anyways, be ready by 7.30, Zach's going to pick you up."

"Yup," I answered.

"Are you okay?" he asked, all of a sudden. I rolled my eyes at his favourite question to ask me.

"Yeah," I was giving him short answers, but it was way too early in the morning to think properly.

"What's wrong?" he frowned into the phone.

"Nothing," I mumbled into the phone, while my eyes drooped.

I sat back down on my bed and yawned. Oh, why was my bed so comfy and inviting? Bringing my feet up and curling my body, I closed my eyes as Raiden began talking again.

"London, wha..." he droned on.

"Hmm..." I replied, not understanding a word he was saying.

Suddenly, I dozed off, his smooth voice lullabying me to sleep.

"Oi, wake up," I felt a hand gently slapping my cheek.

"Hey sleeping beauty..." a soft voice whispered in my ear then yelled, "...time to get up, you lazy bum."

"What?" I mumbled in annoyance and smacked whoever's hand away.

I was suddenly lifted off the bed. It felt like I had only slept for 5 seconds after my phone call with Raiden.

My eyes snapped open. Raiden! Blood rushed to my head, this time not in embarrassment, but because I was being carried like a potato sack.

"Hey, put me down!" I exclaimed when they walked down the stairs and accidentally slapped the person's jean-classed butt.

My other hand quickly went to my mouth and my eyes widened as I heard a guy's chuckle. I couldn't believe I just did that.

"Raiden's not going to be happy when he hears you did that," he sung and finally settled me down in my kitchen. He took a good look at me before bursting into laughter.

My brown wavy hair was probably resembling a bird's nest, while my face was red with anger plus blood from beside upside down and I looked ridiculous in my duck robe. I was hideous and I knew it.

"Zach?"

Before I realised what he was doing, he pulled out his phone and snapped a picture of me.

"Oh, classic" he chuckled and wiped a tear from his eye, "I can't wait until Raiden sees this."

My mouth hang open and I lunged at him. We both ended on the ground as I wrestled with him to grab his phone. Zach held it out of my reach and I straddled him around the waist as I tried to grab it.

Suddenly, the door bursts open and Raiden stepped through.

Uh oh, he was not happy.

*~*~*~*~*

A/N:

This was originally longer, but I decided to split it into two chapters, seeing that it was pretty long.

I know, this is probably not the most exciting chapter, but I hope and promise the next one will be better.

Would you count this as a cliffhanger? If you do, then sorry.
I know what it's like to have to wait for the next chapter when the last one had ended intensely. But I decided to be a little evil (hehe).

Don't worry, saying that this was originally a longer chapter, the next one is nearly finished so I'll upload it tomorrow morning (right now it's 12am in New Zealand and I should be sleeping).

What do you think about this chapter? Leave a comment about your opinion and I'll gladly reply. I might even dedicate a chapter to you if I manage to get on a computer soon. I'm uploading from my iPod.

Thanks for reading and sorry about the long authors note :P

-amsterdamstars