Chapter 19

Chapter 19:

"Get off of me!" I struggled, twisting and turning rapidly in his arms hoping he'd let me go. Surprising, Raiden let me go from his arms and I created a safe distance between us.

I wished he didn't follow me, I was a complete mess and I needed time to think. My hair was probably rumpled by the wind as I ran, my eyes were starting to leak tears and I didn't even want to think about how my face was looking at the moment. And it wasn't only physical, I felt like I had just been caught in a tornado of feelings. Anger, disbelief, sadness and embarrassment were coursing through my body as Raiden stared at me with his beautiful dark eyes.

I couldn't really figure out what he was feeling, his expression gave nothing. I didn't know if he was happy that I confessed, maybe he was angry that I had done it at the library or confused as to why I was crying.

"Why are you crying?" he asked, taking a step towards me. I quickly mimicked his movement.

I knew I was being stupid, I shouldn't be crying, but I think all the attention from the library and the hurt that Raiden had caused when he didn't believe me had gotten to me. Plus the fact that I had just confessed to him that I loved him.

"I'm so confused Raiden! What am I suppose to do with these feelings, I've never... felt this way about someone before! But if I don't even know how love feels like, how the hell do I know if I love you or not?" Raiden omitted a deep growl from his chest, his eyes growing darker, "a-and I don't even think we're dating so how am I... I-I don't... I'm," I was beginning to regret opening my mouth, I had no idea what I was saying.

"So you're taking it back?" his expression had turned darker and his voice had dropped. For some reason, fear began to creep into my chest.

"W-what?" I whispered, my eyes wide.

"Do you love me or not?"

Was I going to say it again? What would happen if I did or if I didn't? I knew that I loved Raiden, it felt like he was another part of my soul and that everytime we were apart I felt like there was something missing in my chest. But what really scared me was how fast it all was, how fast everything seemed to go in my slow and boring life.

Raiden must've take my silence the wrong way because his eyes suddenly flashed with hurt, so much hurt. He took a few staggering steps away from me and suddenly I clutched my chest. It felt like someone had gotten ahold of my heart and was squeezing really hard but hundred times worse because the pain wasn't a physical one, it was an emotional and scarring one.

For some reason, I could tell it wasn't my pain though and that it was Raiden. Was it that strong that even I could feel it? Must've been some werewolf thing he had forgotten to tell me.

"Raiden," I whispered, gosh I was so stupid, "I'm not going to take it back."

He blinked, "you're not?"

I shook my head, "I'll admit, all this werewolf stuff and the fire and Baptiste are confusing me but my feelings for you aren't," I blushed when I realised how straight forward I had been, "but Raiden... you're an alpha and you need to find your mate for your pack. You can't go around going on dates with girls when your mate is out there looking for you, it would be really really sad that the girl you're destined to be with wouldn't know how her mate is, a wonderful and strong alpha."

Raiden looked shocked and then shook his head, I could tell he was disappointed in himself for some unknown reason, "I haven't told you, have I?"

"Told me what?" suddenly, I remembered we were right next that the trash bins. I didn't know why I remembered but I just did.