Chapter 26

Today is my 17th BIRTHDAY!!  

So I'm uploading so soon as a present to all of you....how's that for logic?! lol

Give me some Love!!!

Kaz xoxo

********************************************************

Chapter 26

Shannon's P.O.V:

I ordered a cup of tea and a gigantic slice of cake. Nick raised his eyebrows when he saw the size of it as if to say I wouldn't be able to manage. I just scoffed; guys never understood a girl's ability to pack away copious amounts of anything chocolate-related - especially when we're upset.  

I looked around me as I stirred my tea to cool it. There were only six tiny tables in the shop and the counter and food displays took up one wall.  

It was run by two old ladies who were both adorable - I could imagine them perfectly sitting in front of a fire and knitting...they looked like stereotypical grandmothers. I think they'd given me extra cake when they saw I'd been crying - they immediately went up a couple of notches in my book.  

Smiling happily at the cosiness of the place, I looked at Nick. He was quietly watching me, waiting to be told what had happened. Sighing, I took a sip of my tea. "You want to know what happened, don't you."  

He shrugged, "yes."  

I sighed again.  

"But you don't have to tell me" he quickly amended.  

I gently placed my hand on top of his, which was lying on the table. "I do want to tell you, it's just hard." I smiled at him but when I went to take my hand away, he quickly twisted his, linking our fingers so I couldn't move it. I felt myself beginning to blush so I ducked my head and took another mouthful of tea. I felt a finger under my chin, lifting my face up.  

"What happened, Sweetheart?"  

"Natalie hates me" I suddenly burst out.  

His finger stroked my cheek and brushed a couple of strands of hair off my face, tucking them behind my ear. He could easily reach my face because the tables were so small. I could also feel his warm knees brushing against mine every time he moved.  

Tingles broke out along the length of my spine and I was pretty sure I was blushing again but he just stared into my eyes. Eventually he dropped his hand from my cheek, instead picking up his cup of coffee. I closed my eyes, was it weird that I missed his touch? I didn't have time to mull over the fact that I'd liked him stroking my face before he spoke again. "Tell me what happened."  

I glanced quickly at our interlinked fingers as if the sight of his hand in mine would make it easier to talk about the fact that my best friend now hated me. I began to tell him what had happened with Natalie in class.  

He sat quietly, the whole time his thumb was caressing the skin of my hand, sending distracting sparks shooting down my arm. "I'm sure she'll come around when she realises Lee's lying" Nick said gently, "and if not then she's not worth it is she?"  

My shoulders slumped and I stared at the table. "Somehow I doubt she's going to realise he's lying; he's not going to tell her, she obviously doesn't believe me and the only other person who was there was you and considering that she thought I was cheating on Lee with you, she won't believe you either."  

I had to fight fresh tears. "The worst part is that I'm actually telling the truth, Lee's the one who's lying to her and she said; Lee wouldn't lie to me."