Chapter 18

Ok so I'm uploading so soon because of twisted_love, so this Chapter is dedicated to her! :):)

Enjoy!! =D

Chapter 18

Shannon's P.O.V:

I managed a smile, though I didn't feel like it, when I saw Natalie turning to check on me - again. She didn't believe me when I said I was just tired - and she was right not to. I was tired, tired of a lot of things, but I was mainly angry about what had happened at work earlier.

It might be irrational, but as the anger within me had simmered as the day went on, I'd laid the blame increasingly on Nick. I mean out of all the girls in London did he have to sleep with one that I worked with? 

I still blamed Jenny - she was a conniving bitch - but Nick was at fault too. Even though he had no idea what had happened and hadn't done anything on purpose to hurt you? A small voice in the back of my head asked. I pushed the thought down ruthlessly - I wasn't in the mood for listening to logic...especially coming from myself.

Natalie paused in front of the doors to the restaurant we were going to eat at and turned to face me, "you sure you're okay?"

I nodded smiling again, this time genuinely. It was nice to know she cared. I'd told her at her apartment earlier part of why I was in a bad mood - leaving out the part about Jenny being around when I got up this morning. I didn't know why I didn't tell her, she was my best friend - something stopped me though every time I went to mention Nick as if he was private or something, which was stupid.

I sighed inwardly; I really wished my brother was here, he'd know what to do. Sadly, he was away in Australia and wouldn't be back for a couple of weeks. I hadn't even talked to him on the phone in ages and I missed him. I'd see him when I went home for Christmas though; I was already counting down the days.

Nat looked searchingly at me before nodding and leading the way into the restaurant. It was relatively empty and we headed over to a group of people standing talking beside a long table. I waved at Emma and was about to go over to her where she was chatting with the guys, when I stopped.

My breath caught in my throat as a familiar figure (too familiar) turned around and caught my eyes. 

We both stood looking at each other; he looked as surprised as I felt. I cursed under my breath as I narrowed my eyes at him.

I saw Natalie step up beside me, "Shan this is -"

I cut her off before she could finish. "Oh I know who he is" I said coldly.

Nick stepped towards me, opening his mouth as if to say something. I cut him off with a wave of my hand. I didn't want to hear anything he had to say. All I could think was how angry I was at him, and forgetting where we were and all the people around us I opened my mouth. "Do you have any idea how much trouble I got into at work this morning because of you?"

Ok, so, admittedly I hadn't gotten into that much trouble, but that wasn't the point; I could have and I would if Jenny did the same again.

He frowned at my words, "what did I do?"

I glared at him. It's not a question of what, but who. The stupid skank, or should I say girlfriend" I said, a tad too bitterly for my liking, "that you brought home last night, was two hours late for work this morning thanks to you."

He frowned again, "she's not my girlfriend."

"Well you might want to tell her that because that's what she told my Boss" I snapped, and went on as if he hadn't interrupted, "the bitch blamed it on me as if I should be responsible for you and your sluts. It's bad enough having random girls wandering around without actually having to be responsible for them as well' I spat the words at him.