Chapter 77

Chapter 77

Shannon’s P.O.V:

The first thing I did when I got home was accost Nick. Okay, so maybe ‘accost’ was too strong a word, but still.

He stumbled when I threw myself into his arms, not giving him a chance to get out so much as a hello before I was kissing him. He returned my kisses with an enthusiasm that made me smile, even as my back hit the closest wall. He picked me up and I obligingly wrapped my legs around his waist, my bag falling to the floor with an ominous bang.

Well, there went my art supplies.

Finally, Nick seemed to come to his senses, pulling far enough away from me that he could speak, oh and breathe, too. His eyes danced with amusement, his arms still bracing me against the wall.

“As much as I love this kind of welcome, Sweetheart” he drawled, “is there any particular reason for your fervour?”

I widened my eyes in feigned innocence, pressing another quick kiss to his lips.

“Would you believe me if I told you it was because I love you?”

He laughed, “Well of course you do, but are you sure there isn’t any other reason?”

As happy as he was, I knew he’d see right through me if I lied. Good thing I had no intention of hiding anything from him. I still owed him an explanation for what happened with Emma and now I had my run in with Natalie and Lee to add to it.

I’d been having quite the walk down memory lane as of late and I was happy that for the most part it hadn’t been too bad; some notable exceptions notwithstanding, of course.

“Loving you isn’t enough?”

I pretended to sound hurt, pouting at him.

He ran a thumb along my bottom lip before gently cupping my face.

“Not when I know there’s something else going on” he said gently.

I laughed, “I can’t get anything by you, can I?”

He frowned slightly, letting me slip down his body until I was on my feet again.

“Are you trying to get something by me?”

I’d wrapped my arms around him before I even realised what I was doing. I felt like I’d kicked a small child holding an equally small puppy.

“Of course not, silly. I’ve just had a very…interesting day.”

He pulled me closer, tangling his hands in my hair.

“Really? You weren’t even gone that long” he laughed.

I shrugged.

“What can I say? I attract weird things.”

“Cheers” He murmured, kissing me again.

I grinned against him, leaning back when there was a knock on the door.

Nick sighed as he stepped away from me.

“Why are we always interrupted?”

“Bad timing, I guess. I’ll tell you about my day later, okay?” I said as I skipped to the door.