Chapter 59

Chapter 59

Shannon’s P.O.V:

I sat cross-legged on a random patch of grass in sight of the apartment; procrastinating. I knew I’d have to get it over with at some point, but I hadn’t quite mustered up the courage…yet.

Though the girls hadn’t had any objections to me staying with them for a few more days – well, actually, I hadn’t seen Carla; she didn’t come home from the club with the others…who knew whose bed she was in – I’d felt it was time to leave, to go back to reality.

So here I was.

I’d managed to procrastinate all day, but now, as the light was beginning to wane, well; I was just going to have to suck it up. I sighed; knowing and doing were two completely different things.

This was going to be hard.

Taking a deep breath, I stood up. I took a moment to brush the grass and leaves off me before grabbing my bag and heading for the apartment – for home.

Mark’s P.O.V:

I never thought I’d see the day; but I was actually getting bored of TV and Xbox. It’s practically blasphemy, I know; but still.

Nick silently – and moodily – came back into the room; computer in hand. He sat back on the other end of the couch.

I’d swear on anything, that soon there’d be a perfect indentation of his ass in that exact spot…sitting there was all he seemed to do these days.

I didn’t bother to strike up a conversation; I knew I wouldn’t get a response. If Nick continued acting like this, I was going to have to slap him out of it – literally. Actually…that could be kind of fun…

I glanced over to see him tense suddenly. I frowned, but decided against saying anything. It was probably nothing.

His hands slowly clenched around the edge of the laptop, and I began to seriously worry for the computer’s wellbeing. Okay, so maybe it wasn’t nothing. “What’s wrong?”

It took him a moment to answer as he glared angrily at the screen. “Natalie just e-mailed me.”

My mouth fell open. I literally never would have guessed in a million years what was going to come out of his mouth. “You’re joking, right?”

“No” he ground out.

“How the hell did she get your address? Is she stalking you?” That’s all we’d need; Lee being obsessed with Shannon, and Natalie with Nick.

“I don’t care about that right now” he said as he scrolled down the e-mail.

His face…well, it wasn’t pretty.

I had to wonder what the bitch had said to make him not care that she was probably stalking him. “Why?”

In answer, he tilted the screen towards me, so I could see exactly why he didn’t care.

It was a photo; well, there were multiple photos. All dated from the night before. I leaned closer. “Is that Shannon?”