Changes

Kassi and the kids were back home. It had been a week since London's party and Kassi's head had been spinning with her conversation about moving to New York. Obviously it was what she had always wanted but now that she was about to go talk to Danny her stomach was in knots. Their angry towards each other had certainly cooled down and even though they were never going to be best friends, they were definitely improving. She decided the best approach to this was as nicely as possible and without kids. So she sent the kids with Mia and Roger to go apple picking. She already sent Kassi some really cute pictures and as much as she wished she could be there, she had bigger things on her mind.

She knocked on Danny's door and took a deep breath waiting for him to answer. "Hey." He said when he saw her, "Whats up?" He asked confused by her dropping in like this.

"You have some time to talk?" She asked.

"Sure?" He answered stepping aside to let her in.

Kassi made her way to the living room and took a seat. Danny sat next to her and rested his arm on the back of the couch. She took a second to look at him and wondered how different her life would have been if he hadn't cheated with his assistant. Kassi had no idea how long he had been messing around with this girl but when she finally found out she lost it that night. He came home late as usual and she blew up at him. Told him she was leaving and filing for divorce. Just the thought of losing everything caused Danny to snap and he did something that night he would come to regret every single day afterwards. He slapped her so hard across the face it bruised her cheekbone severely. When he saw what he had done and watched his wife lay on the floor crying he felt like he was outside of his body and watched himself as he proceeded to kick her over and over again. This resulted in a fractured collarbone and countless bruises and cuts over her entire body. It was a night neither of them would ever forget.

"What's up? Where the kids?" He finally asked breaking the awkward silence.

"Apple picking with Mia and Roger. I'll bring the boys by later but I wanna talk first." She responded.

"So you've said but your not saying anything." He snapped a little annoyed. "You pregnant again or something?"

That was another hard day for Danny. Even though they had been divorced well over 2 years it still stung knowing she was pregnant with another man's baby. "No." She answered. "Don't know if the boys told you but Brian and I are back together."

"Countless trips to New York over the past few months was kind of a clue." He said. "Good for you, you definitely are easier to deal with when you're getting laid." He laughed taking a sip from his water.

"Gee thanks." She laughed rolling her eyes.

"That all you had to tell me cuz I wanna run out to the store before you bring the boys by." He said standing up.

"Not exactly..."she responded causing him to sit back down. He raised his eyebrows up as a way of telling her to get out with it. "With Brian and I back together, we started talking more about the future and living arrangements and with the growing success of the show, it doesn't seem like he can leave New York anytime soon."

Danny shot up like a rocket, "You better not be asking what I think you're asking!" He shouted.

"The kids and I will eventually be moving and I really want you ok..." she started but was cut off.

"I specifically told you when you started seeing this guy a long time ago, it will not effect my kids!" He was now pacing back and forth like a caged animal. "The answer is no Kassi, absolutely not!"

"Well I technically don't need your permission." Kassi spat back. "I have full physical custody of them."

"That can't be right!" He shouted, "You can't legally just move my kids 5 fucking hours away from me!"