And Closer

Kassi couldn't remember the last time she laughed so much in her life. Her stomach literally was killing her. Brian had picked her up for lunch and they had spent the entire day together getting lost in New York.  Now they were relaxing in a small booth at a small local bar by the harbor watching the boats come in from a long day. Brian loved this restaurant because it was hidden away; only locals knew about it and best of all he had never run into any Impractical Jokers fans here. If anyone was a fan you wouldn't know it; he was always left alone here. The two were enjoying a bottle of wine and some picky foods as the sun was starting to set.
"You did not wrestle an alligator, you're lying!" Kassi exclaimed when Brian answered her question about the craziest thing he had ever done on the show.
"I most certainly did. Watch the episode if you don't believe me." He said smiling at her. "You've really never watch a single episode have you?" He asked.
"Well now I have since meeting you guys but before nope. But honestly how could they just let you do that? Weren't you scared it would bite you?"
Brian took a sip from his glass noticing the bottle they ordered about an hour ago was empty, he contemplated ordering one more. "They made sure to tape the mouth." He answered.
"Oh!" Kassi said playing rolling her eyes "so it doesn't really count then." She teased.
"Excuse me!?" Brian said cocking his eyebrow up in a joking manner, "I'd like to see you try!"
"Ever try taking a 2 year old to the doctors for shots? Trust me, it's the same thing only they frown upon taping their mouths."
Brian laughed shaking his head, "You just compared your kid to an alligator!"
After the laughter died down, Brian turned to her and mustered up enough courage to place his hand on her thigh, "you must miss them,huh?"
"More than I thought possible." Glancing down at Brian's massive paw on her body she took a deep nervous breath, "I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to be in New York without them for so this long but suddenly something is making it almost bearable." She said smiling up at him.
He had to kiss her, he could tell she wanted him to and just about when he was able to bend his neck down to place his lips on hers they were both startled by the ringing of his phone. "Shit!" He grumbled, "Sorry, just one second." He said smiling sadly to the beautiful women who he noticed had slid closer towards him in the booth.
Rolling his eyes when he read the caller idea he answered "Hey Murr"
"Hey Bud, wanna see if you can get together tonight to go over the live show material?" Murray asked. Sal and Joe had nothing going on so Q was the only missing piece of the puzzle.
"Sorry, day off means the entire day." Brian said declining his friend's request.
"Come on dude, just for an hour or so?" Murray insisted.
"Can't even if I wanted to, I am on a...." he paused. Should he call this a date? I mean he considered it one but did she? Also he knew the guys would flip if they found out he took Kassi out when they specifically told him it wouldn't be a good idea. "I'm with a person." He finished realizing how awkward that must have sounded.
"A person?" Murray questioned, "what person?"
"No one you know. Look I'm being rude, sorry I can't meet tonight, I'll see you tomorrow." He said quickly hanging up, now nervous to make eye contact with Kassi who obviously heard the whole thing.
"So..." Kassi said with a small smile, "You're with a person?"
"Yeah.." Brian laughed uncomfortably, "That must have sounded really weird."
"Is there a reason you don't want your friends to know we spent the day together? Do you have a girlfriend or something?"
"No!" He blurted out startling them both at how loud that came out... "I mean, no. Actually the exact opposite." He took a deep breath before he continued. "I'm gonna be honest with you. I'm awful when it comes to women."
Hearing this made Kassi incredibly nervous, she didn't know what he meant by that but the last thing she needed was to fall for the wrong guy again.
Brian could see that she wasn't following so he tried again, "What I mean is I can't make relationships work. I don't know what it is about me but women don't tend to stick around and if they do I somehow end up getting screwed in the end so my way to fix this is to run before things get serious. I'm not a bad guy, I mean I would never cheat or hurt a woman but I just don't get too serious."
Kassi in a weird way understood this. If anyone knew what it was like to get screwed over it was her; granted her divorce was less than a year old but she knew that the last thing she wanted was another serious relationship. Now it was all starting to click to her why Brian was so impressed that she never heard of him or watched his show; he was probably just used to girls looking at him because he was on TV.
"You think I don't know about failed relationships? Brian, look at me, I'm a single mom in her 20s because I couldn't get my husband to stick around. I get it. What I don't get is why your embarrassed to tell your friends we are hanging out."
"Embarrassed?! That's why you think I didn't tell them who I was with?!" Brian busted out with a laugh.
"Kinda seems like it to me." She answered in a voice that could of broken Brian's heart right then and there.
"Are you kidding? There is absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about. I'm a below average middle aged man that just spent the entire day with a gorgeous funny young woman." He answered.
"I see nothing below average at this table." Kassi said not liking the way he was putting himself down. "I just spent my day with a hot middle aged guy that has not stopped making me laugh and blush since he picked me up this afternoon."
Brian needed a sip from his water glass that was resting on the tabletop, Did she really just call me hot?
"Back to your friends?" She egged on.
"Right, Sorry. Um like I said I'm not good with women and they know this. They also know I've had you on my mind since the day I met you. They don't want me getting close to you, screwing up then pissing off you and your uncle and jeopardizing the bar."
It was now Kassi turn to place her hand on Brian's leg, "So why take the risk of taking me out today?" She asked in almost a whisper that sent goosebumps up and down Brian's entire body.
"Because your worth the risk." He whispered back now inching closer towards Kassi's lips with his own.
"Why am I getting the feeling you're about to kiss me?" She asked as her heart pounded so hard in her chest.
"Because I am." He answered before placing a soft kiss to her lips. It started as a small innocent kiss however it awoke something within the two that non longer was controllable. Placing her hand on the back of Brian neck she raked her fingertip through the curls of his dark hair. Within seconds her mouth opened at Brian's request and she felt his tongue brush against hers. The taste of red wine was certainly evident but it wasn't nearly as strong as his taste. It was something that Kassi knew she wasn't going to be able to get enough of.
Now more than ever Brian was thankful he picked this bar because where they were seated no one could see them and since they had been there awhile, the waiter had given up checking on them over an hour ago. Taking a moment to come up for air, the two looked eyes as Brian stroked her cheek lightly with his thumb. "What would your friends say now?" She teased.
"Shut up." He laughed as he went in for another kiss. He pulled away slowly now kissing up and down her neck stopping just below her earlobe, "I'm just getting started now."