Chapter 1: James Sirius and Peter

"River, don't be nervous, okay?" Remus asks me worriedly. I laugh softly, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Remus, I'm not worried" I tell him, smiling. "Okay.. Well you can sit with me and my friends if you want.." He says, shrugging as we walk through Kings Cross Station. "Ye sure, okay! Until I make my own friends". "IF you make you're own friends" he smirks at me. I stare at him, and he stops looking at me. "Alright you can have that particular one" I tell him, raising my eyebrows and smirking. "Okay, you ready for this?" He asks me, after a few minutes of silence. I look forward, at the barrier of nine, and then ten. "Ready" I tell him, nodding. Admittedly, this was the only part that made me slightly confused. I stood beside Remus as we run at the barrier, me holding my breath. I feel like I'm running through a spider web, a soft, slivery thing. I stop at the other side, smiling. Remus looks at me to make sure I'm okay, then checks his trunk. I smile at him, throwing my black hair to the side of my head. "C'mon Remus, we'll be late" I say impatiently, glancing around. "We won't! The train doesn't leave until 11" he says, not worried. "Ye but I want to get on the train and stuff, so come on" I tell him, pushing my cage and trunk away. He follows me, his face eager. I can tell he's excited to see his friends, who he hasn't seen all summer, mainly because of me. I only moved in with my real Mum and Dad at the start of the summer. It was complicated, but I ended up with my real parents and my real brother, Remus. I had been in fostering for the last fifteen years beforehand. I had spent the whole summer getting to know Remus, but it meant he hadn't left the house or seen his friends. Which is probably the reason he's breaking into a run now, grinning. The Hogwarts express is in front of us. It's huge, a bright scarlet red steam engine, blowing smoke with huge cars, stretching down the platform. "Remus, it's amazing" I tell him as we keep going. "I know" he tells me, grinning. "And it's better inside, now let's go" he says, hurrying me into the train. We walk up the hall, Remus looking for his friends as I admire how nice everything is. "Moony!" I hear a loud voice call, and I look up. A dark haired, hazel eyed boy is leaning out of the carriage, hands wrapped around the door to steady himself. He has a mischievous grin plastered on his face as he looks towards Remus. "James!" Remus greets, as they hug each other, smiling. I stand awkwardly, then smile at my owl, Sienna. She looks at me judgingly, as if she's frowning at me. I smile more at her, looking up. Remus grins at me, raising his eyebrows and gesturing for me to follow him. I walk into the carriage, and see Remus and three other boys, sitting down. The first is small and squat and scoffing sweets greedily. I look at him, trying not to raise my eyebrows. The other two boys, who are now standing up, are very different from him though. I recognise the boy who stuck his head out into the hallway. He has hazel eyes and round glasses, and, seeing him up close, quite a goofy smile. Him and the other boy had been looking out the window, but have turned to face me now. Remus puts his trunk on the rack as the two boys and me look at each other. The one I know to be James smiles, looking easy and relaxed. The other boy looks at me intently, his eyes boring into mine. He is tall and handsome, and has a look of haughty elegance that I've never seen in a boy before. Long, dark hair falls into his stormy, blue grey eyes as he looks at me, his face searching. He's really good looking, and has a twinkle in his eye that doesn't match the rest of his haughty exterior, but it's nice.. He can make it work. "Guys" Remus says, turning around, "this is my sister" he informs them, standing slightly in front of me, before sitting down and keeping his eyes on me and the other two boys. The one with glasses steps forward, still smiling, and shakes my hand. "I'm James Potter" he tells me, giving me an exaggerated handshake before sitting down. The tall, good looking one grins at me, taking my hand gently. He brings it up to his face, and kisses my knuckles lightly, keeping his grey eyes on me. "Sirius Orion Black" he tells me, his voice soft, his eyes shining. I smirk at him, looking him up and down. "Arya River Lupin" I tell him. Remus rolls his eyes, opening a book on his lap. Sirius grins, sitting down to Remus. "Remus, mate, you never told us you had a sister! How come?" Sirius asks him, nudging him. I look at the seat behind me, then look at James. He nods at me, telling me to sit down. "Because, Sirius, I knew you'd be like this!" Remus tells him, looking irritated. "Like what?" Sirius asks him, all wide eyed innocence and surprise. James, me and the chubby boy watch this, me smirking and the two boys listening intently, grinning. "Like this! You're whole charming act that you do! My little sister's not another one of you're brainless.. Bimbos that follow you around!" Remus tells Sirius, sounding serious. Sirius just smirks at him, "Ah Moony, get over yourself, you know I wouldn't" he says, putting his arm around Remus. "Not your sister." "It wouldn't surprise me." Remus replies bitterly. "I am right here, both of you!" I say loudly, and they both look up. Remus looks embarrassed, but Sirius doesn't wipe the smirk from his face. "So you're Remus' little sister?" He asks me, leaning forward and looking at me. "I'm not his 'little' sister! But yeah, Arya Lupin." I tell him. "And.. Hang on, did you say you're middle name was River?" James asks, facing me. "That's what most people call me." I tell James, shrugging. "That's cool!" Peter says quietly. I smile at him, looking at Remus. "So, Remus, where can I get sweets?" I ask him, jingling some coins. "A lady comes around." He tells me, looking out the window. "Here, I'll show you." Sirius says, standing up and looking at me. "Um.. Okay." I say, standing and smiling at him. Remus glares after us as we leave, but we walk away, heading down the train.