Summer Rose

• Dedicated to NaNoWriMo 2013

A soft breeze blew over the Seireitei as Rangiku sat on the roof of the tenth division sunning herself. She leaned back with her eyes closed, letting the skin warm her skin. A stirring to her side caused the woman to turn her head to see the silver haired man as he sat down beside her, one knee bent up as his arm rested on top, his hand handing down. His other arm was being used to lean on. "How are you doing Ran-chan."

The woman turned her head to look up at the sky. "I don't know. It would be nice if you would for once sit with me and watch a sunset, but you always seem to be taking off on my Gin." If the hand closest to her was the one touching the roof she would have reached out and touched said hand with her own despite the fact the man's hands were painfully bony. "Are you eating enough?"

The man tilted his head slightly. "Where did that question come from?"

"Nowhere I guess. I guess I just worry about you." Rangiku leaned forward so that her busty chest rested on her knees and she stretched her hands out in front of her. "You know Gin, you're my world. I don't know what I would do if something happened to you." Silence came then from the man but the woman had long ago come to understand that the man would never give her a response letting her know that he thought the same.

"I guess I should just be glad that Gin hasn't ever run off on me when I've come close to telling him that I love him."

The silver haired man shifted to a similar position as hers with both knees up. He didn't lean forward though and wrapped his arms around his legs. His normal elongated smile disappeared. "It's not possible for me to be your world."

The woman paused then, turning her head to look at the man. "Why not?" The man remained silent, looking to watch the sun set. Letting out a deep sigh she reached out to touch his boney arm. The fear that he would suddenly go away hit her for some reason. Her fingers brushed against his skin, her fingers feeling how bony his arm was. "Hey... it doesn't seem as if you're eating."

"There you go again."

"I worry about you, you know."

"I worry about you."

Rangiku wasn't sure if these words had slipped out of the man's mouth or not, but she did know that he was careful about what he said. The woman decided to test the waters. "What do you mean about you worrying about me." Silence came then, Gin's secretive nature kicking in. "Well, I don't know about his past anymore then he knows about mine."

"Is that true though?" Her zampaktuo began to pester her about the relationship.

A sudden boldness came to her then. "Hey, Gin... what would you say to starting a family?" More silence came. "The fact you don't answer makes me think that you are avoiding the subject for some reason or that your answer isn't going to be something I want to hear." In the back of her mind she felt the painful thoughts coming out. "Please. I just want you to give me a positive answer. Is that too much to ask?"

"It's just not something I want to talk about right now."

The words stung and the woman let out a deep sigh, she then choose to lean on her hands again. "Why not?" There came silence again. "Come on Gin, tell me."

"Weren't you just complaining about the fact I've never watched a sunset with you? I thought we would have a change of pace right now."

A sudden call from below caused Rangiku to jerk her head down. "Hey! Rangiku! I need to talk to you!"

The woman in question turned her head to see Gin suddenly flinch. "You're jealous, aren't you." The man choose not to answer. "You know... taicho and I don't have that kind of relationship, so you really shouldn't worry about me ending up with him." The man of course remained emotionless. "Are you worried because he's always talking about my chest? Don't you realize that will make me less likely to let him seduce me. As if he would though."

"Hey... Ran-chan... someday we could possibly talk about making a family, but not right now. Perhaps when we finally get to watch the sunset together."

"You're weird Gin." The woman dusted herself off and stood up. "I'm going to go and see what Shiba Isshin wants." The woman of course didn't notice the tension in the other man's body language, but then these had never been noticeable. She hopped down from the roof and walked over to where her taicho was waiting for you.

"I have a mission for you Rangiku!" The man's hand raised up and she found herself letting out a deep sigh. She listened carefully as instructions were given to her, her head looking up at where Gin was only to see that the man had left.

M

The busty fukutaicho found herself slipping through the shadows as she approached the cave. The sun had set and the nice breeze had shifted to a cold one. A light drizzle fell at first and then it came in a fast acting torrent. The rocks were covered with moss and she found herself stepping carefully as she walked across them. When she arrived at the scene she waved her hand to motion the three squad members she had brought with her forward.

The inside of the cave dripped down and the slowly moved their way in, trying to not alert the Hollow to their presence. Rangiku leaned up against the wall, her wet uniform chilling her body as well as the earthy coldness of the cave wall. She listened carefully but heard nothing. She moved a bit father into the cave, only to hear a sudden scream from behind her. Turning her head she saw that one of the men had gone down.

"Matsumoto Fukutaicho! I didn't feel the reiatsu! Where is..." Before the second person could say anything they too were taken down.

"Retreat!" She and the one remaining member hurried deeper into the cave.

"We can't escape this way!"

"I know that. I'm hoping that something in the cave will provide some kind of cover for us." Rangiku flinched when she heard another yell and she turned to look at the person who was approaching her. She narrowed her eyes at the man who was now approaching her. Her hand went to her hilt. The man smiled at her and the woman realized there was someone out there with a smile more creepy then Gin. "Aizen..."

"You've already guessed that what was killing your men was no Hollow."

"What do you want from me?"

"I've always been looking for a method to control Gin more then I'm now able to control him."

"Gin..." Rangiku stopped herself from saying that the silver haired man wouldn't do what ever it was Aizen was up to, but then she stopped herself. She then glared at the man. "My taicho knows where I am so he'll send a search party after me."

"Knows where you are? Was it him who sent you?"

"There couldn't be..." Rangiku shook her head. "Taicho would never send me into a trap. You had someone disguise as him. How you did it I don't know, but..."

The woman felt a blade suddenly stick her from behind and she began to lose conciousness.