Secrets Never Stay Secret. Part 19

Hey guys :D

I thought I'd give you guys a nice and happy chapter, since it'll be a while until there's another one :P

I'm not entirely sure how many chapters there will be, but I don't imagine it'll be too much longer :)

Please Vote, Comment, Become a Fan, Like m Facebook Page & Follow me on Twitter :D

I hope you like this one :)

Picture on the side is Bailey the dog that's in this chapter. I'd seriously love a dog like that :D

~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER NINETEEN

“I don’t think black jean was the best idea for today,” I laughed at Tobias as I pulled up outside the animal shelter. Black jeans in a place where the animals shed their hair like mad, isn’t a good combination.

“Yeah, I only realised when I got to your place that it wasn’t a good idea,” he replied with a laugh. “Which is why I grabbed the pair of normal jeans I left in your bedroom last week.”

“I didn’t see you with them,” I didn’t see him leave with a pair of jeans, and I forgot he even left them in my room. Though he does have quite a lot of clothes at my place that he’s left behind. I turned off the car and turned to look at him, taking off my seatbelt as I did.

“I had them under my jacket I was carrying,” he smiled before undoing his seatbelt and getting out of the car. I grabbed my phone from my bag, before putting my bag out of sight and getting out of the car. “So what do you do here? I don’t have to wash any dogs do I?”

I locked my car and started walking up the path towards the building. “You might have to, it depends on how many people are working today. Usually it’s just walking the dogs and playing with the animals, since the dogs don’t get washed often. But they might have some dogs that need washed,” I’ve not had to wash dogs that much since I’ve been helping here. They usually only get washed when they’ve just been brought into the shelter.

“I’d rather walk or play with them,” he said as we walked into the shelter.

“Hey Skylar, long time no see,” the receptionist greeted when I walked up the counter. “How’d the exams go?” She smiled and started looking around her desk for the sign in board.

“Yeah they went pretty well, hopefully there’s so resits,” I took the board from her and picked up a pen. “How’s things going here? Is there many people working today?” I signed Tobias and myself in, so the manager knew who was in the building. And our hours were recorded so, if we needed to prove that we really did volunteer, then we had the records to prove it.

“We got homes for the three collies puppies that came in last month, they all went together to a farmer. We also got Ellie a new home yesterday and gained a Labrador,” she explained about a cat that we’ve had for about a month now. She was six years old, but it was hard to find her a home since everyone came in for a kitten or a much younger cat.

“I’m assuming Bailey hasn’t found a home yet?” I asked since I didn’t get a text saying he was adopted, while I handed her back the clipboard, glancing behind me to see where Tobias was.

“No not yet,” she smiled at me sadly, “we did have someone who saw him online and was interested. But when they came down to see him, they changed their mind and saw a different dog that they liked.”

I smiled slightly and nodded, gutted that Bailey still hadn’t found a home. He was my favourite dog and animal here at the shelter, who has been here for just over a month. He was a seven month old Alaskan Malamute and Alsatian cross, which was the most beautiful dog I’ve ever seen. He’s had people interested in him a few times, but he’s just never been able to get a home. I would’ve taken him myself, but I’m always busy with Uni and work.