Chapter 23

~

"Wake up, Wake up!" 

Eileen stood over me, Shaking me awake by my shoulders.

By the look on her face, She was clearly in a rush.

"What is it?" I groaned, stretching upwards, yawning loudly.

The Room was dark and completely empty, besides us two, And The Night had already crept in so fast.

"Your meeting, It's in 5 minutes, you're gonna be late if you don't get up this instant!"

"Oh well, Just a few more minutes," I said, Flopping straight back onto my face.

I felt a hard whack on the back of my head, Then the cold floor on my face as she dragged me off the bed.

"Professor Snape sent me to get you, I'll be in deep trouble if you don't go."

"Aren't you in enough trouble already?" I mumbled, still not moving one little bit.

She remained silent, Instead, continuing to drag me along, still wrapped up in my sheets.

"Wait, WAIT," I said, causing her to stop so I could sit up, facing her once again. "Why are you always in trouble with Him?"

She didn't answer, She just blinked it away, As if I hadn't said anything at all.

"Why do you let him boss you around so much?"

"Because I'm a bloody orphan, he's the closest thing I have to a supervisor and I'm apparently his servant because of that."

'Oh.'

She kept her head down, Avoiding my gaze by staring down at her feet.

"As much as I hate him, I have no choice but to obey his orders."

She shook all over, Looking as if she'd just seen a ghost or something.

I stood, Allowing her to lean into me, wrap her arms around me as she began to sob silently.

"I'll make sure to have something arranged for you when I see him," I said, kneeling beside her.

She wiped her tears away, sniffling loudly as she did.

But now, Her gaze was fixed on the windows and the view beyond them.

"And My Brother," She mumbled. "I thought he was dead but all along, He was alive,"

'was?'

I realised she wasn't actually looking at the window itself but the Quidditch pitch in the distance.

"I thought he died with them, My Parents."

'Oh.My.Merlin.'

The Boy I'd met, Saved from my father and died because of that, Could it be?

"Rey? Was he your brother?" I asked, to which she replied with a frown.

"Rob, Actually, His name is Rob."

'Ah, Fake name, Smart kid.'

"Robert Reynald Grayling, Though he preferred to be called Robbie."

'Rey, No, Not Rey.'

"This is all my fault, This is all because of me," I whispered silently, almost too silently.

'My father killed Rey is because I took him, and so he could get his revenge on me for taking them in the first place.'

I couldn't help it, I just completely broke down, Even if it was in front of her, I didn't care.

My Entire face was drenched with when I finally reached the floor, Kneeling beside her.

The Vision played out in my head, It was all so vivid, even if it were only a memory playing like a film on a tv screen.

My Stupid Vile Despicable Father did this, Only to get back at me.

"What? What do you mean?"

It took me a while, But I looked back up at her, Just as teary-eyed and red-faced as she was, I whispered again

"Your Brother was killed because of My Father... And Because of Me."

And Just as I'd Imagined, She turned away, Instead facing the Darkness while she let out what may have been either a scream, a growl, or quite possibly both.

"You mean, If you hadn't interfered, My brother would still be alive?" She mumbled, almost low enough to be a growl.

Without saying a word, I simply nodded, Causing her to fall completely, Hard on her knees.

'Why didn't I just kill my father when I had the chance!'

And like a lightbulb, An Idea sprung to mind, A good one for once.

"Your Father butchered My Brother because of you!" She shrieked, "He should hang for what he did."

The thought of My Father being hanged till death, clawing at his throat for air while he hovered several metres above the ground actually excited me, weirdly enough.

But she was right, He did deserve to hang for his crimes, Not just because of the girls he'd locked away and abused when he wanted to, But for everything he's done, For the lives he has ruined.

So I got to my feet again and headed straight for the door, Grabbing my cloak before reaching to open the doors of the Hospital wing.

"Wait! Where do you think you're going?" Asked Eileen, Who'd managed to stop me in my tracks as I was just inches away from the door handles.

She'd caught me by the end of my cloak, Tugging me back and away from the door.

Even though I did have the Super Inhuman Strength to get away with ease, I allowed her to pull me back, Besides, The least I could do was tell her.

"I'm going to do something that would be considered bad to the average person."

After a look I gave her, She immediately understood and released her grip on me.

She only took two steps back, as if to give me space, or as if giving full permission to let me leave, not that I really needed it.

"I will have my revenge, And when I do, I will avenge your brother, Rob."

Surprisingly, She smirked, Nodding slowly as she did.

I turned again to the doors, tracing the carved patterns down until I finally gripped the handles.

"I'm going to kill my father, Eleazar."

"You know, That was all you had to say." She laughed, dragging a bag back over with her and slung it over her shoulder.

"I'm coming with you, I wanna see him suffer... I think."

She pushed straight past me and through into the hallway, marching happily before I lay a single hand on her shoulder.

"No, I can't risk your life as well, like I did with Re-Rob." I kneeled beside her, avoiding her glare as best I could. "I won't have you die like he did, You'll be safer here, With the others."

"You also left Rob unprotected at that house, Who's to say it won't happen again, but with me."

She turned again to face me, skipping backwards just as quickly as her new smile had appeared.

"If anything, I'm safer with you than I am without you."

I wanted to reply, To stop her from going anywhere near the monster that was my father.

But she was too fast and I was too late, She'd already begun to walk away.

I just couldn't say no, So I followed her and I would protect her, As well as I could.

~