Chapter 12

~

The foul smell of metal lingered under my nose when I woke again, I smell I knew very well.

I knelt in a puddle of the liquid, still warm and thick to the touch.

I forced myself to hold my breath, looking anywhere but below, at the pool of blood.

Dark stone walls surrounded me, No sign of anyone else in the room at all.

'Where the fuck am I?!'

I thrashed against the chains binding my hands behind my back, Screaming and Howling as loud as I possibly could.

"What's goin' on down 'ere?" A grumbly old voice yelled, their footsteps growing louder as they grew closer.

The door slammed open, Along with that, A bright white light poured into the room.

The Man, Big boned and Bearded, Squinted down at me through his fluffy brown eyebrows.

HIs eyes widened in shock when I lifted my head, meet his gaze with a cold, hard glare.

"She's awake! The Girl's awake!" He shouted, storming back down the hall he came through.

The Door, however, remained wide open.

'Huh, So much for a Prison guard.' 

I ripped apart the chains with my thick white fangs, Keeping my eyes closed again to avoid seeing the blood.

'Don't think about, Don't think about it, Don't think about it.' I repeated over and over in my head, finally breaking free from the small cell.

I keep to the shadows in the hall, leaping from each other corner to the next.

Until I reached another room, One I was almost certain I'd seen before.

An office, Lined with the tallest bookshelves and stacks of ingredients of some sort, In little glass jars labelled in red.

'Oh no.'

The Familiar scent of expensive cologne and hair gel still lingered in the air, The Scent of the One and Only Eleazar Carlisle.

And I had just unknowingly walked right into his office.

"I see you've found your way out already." 

I whipped around to see him standing in the doorway, staring me down with those same vicious green eyes.

His Hair was now almost as silver as my own, Dark chocolate brown at the roots still.

Other than that, Nothing much had changed about him, He still looked just as evil as before.

"What the hell do you want with me, Eleazar." I snarled, backing away ever so slightly.

"I wanted to see you again, My Daughter."

Despite his happy tone, His remained calm, Emotionless unlike I'd ever seen him before.

But the look in his eyes was different when he looked at me, like I was a whole different person and not his traitorous daughter who killed her own sister.

"I want you to forgive me." 

I let out a laugh, Loud and clear for all to hear.

"Why would I ever forgive you?" 

He frowned opening his arms wide as if waiting for a hug, or to squeeze me to my death, not that that was even possible with me.

"Because I am deeply sorry for what I did, I love you more than you know, Elizabeth."

This time, I saw only the slightest change in emotion, sadness and a single tear at the corner of his eye, just waiting to fall.

"Nonsense." I spat. "You could never love anyone but yourself."

"But I have you, Your mother.." He said, though clearly, he wasn't meaning my real mother.

"Verna? She is not my mother and never was." I snapped, stomping a single foot, causing the ground beneath it to rumble slightly.

Verna Carlisle, A Red haired Pureblood Beauty, Married my father and Gave birth to Rose, Two years before his affair with my real mother, A Vampire.

She never even acknowledged me at all, not once, it was as if I were merely a ghost.

And when I did speak, She went pale and still, As if she had indeed just seen a ghost.

"She could barely even stand to be in the same room as me!" I shouted, my voice breaking before I could even finish the sentence.

"She tried her best, You should know that."

I shook my head, Crossing my arms over my chest as I did.

"Well you should know that she never cared for me either, Neither of you did."

He stayed silent, seating himself on the edge of a dark and velvety purple couch.

"Rose, She was the only one who ever cared, You even stood up for me in school." I swallowed deeply. "And Where were you?"

I held a single finger on my temple, frowning as though I were deep in thought.

"Oh, that's right! You were too busy fucking around with girls half your age."

He shook his head, Blinking fast to avoid tearing up in front of me.

"No, You don't understand- I-"

"You hated me more than anything, You even went as far as throwing me away to be eaten alive."

"You abused me, tortured me... You didn't love me," I whispered. "So what the fuck makes you think that I would ever forgive you."

Instead of saying anything, He did the very last thing I expected him to do.

He embraced me with a hug, a hard one might I add.

"I regret everything I did, I'm sorry."

"Well, Sorry is not enough."

I shoved him away, hard enough that he stumbled backwards, while I walked out the door.

'And it never will be enough.'

~