Chapter 18

~

(Dream)

I lay flat on the grass, silent and still, watching the sun above.

My body felt too lazy to move, even my eyelids were beginning to get heavier and heavier every time I blinked.

I felt completely drained, like I could blackout any second now.

It took me a while to realise I was not alone, In fact, I was completely surrounded.

All Worried and Scared faces circled me, coming forward to examine my open wounds.

By now, I'd already lost quite a lot of blood, letting it run down my whole body until I was completely drenched in it, and I reeked of it.

Another face came closer, Blurry at first like the others, But this one was different.

It was my face, But at the same time, it wasn't.

It looked like I'd just finished crying, But I was angry, No, I was... Smirking?

A flash of white fangs showed in a smile that almost scared me, The Smile of a monster.

"I'm Sorry." She said, Though it didn't sound as though she was.

I felt the stinging pain of her fangs sinking into my skin, Blood oozing from the wound.

I couldn't scream, I couldn't even cry.

All I could do was watch, As that monster slowly and quite painfully ate me alive.

~

An Hour Later, I found myself alone in the astronomy tower, Overlooking the Grounds of Hogwarts in the night.

I felt the rain pouring down my face as I hung off the edge, Taking in deep breaths of that cold breeze.

All I wanted to do was jump, Finally, end it all by taking that one little leap, Then It'd all be over.

Or Maybe I'd Fly away somewhere nice and cold, A Frozen Wonderland of my own, Where none of my troubles could ever reach me.

Being here at Hogwarts made it even worse, This was where it all began, and ended.

I looked to the dark patch in the distance, The Quidditch Pitch, Where it happened.

'I'm Sorry.' I said, Repeatedly.

I couldn't help but start to sob from just the thought of her, And her Death.

I took a single step forward, climbing right over the rails and standing off the edge.

I could let go, I would let go, If it weren't for the hand that caught me when I tried.

No matter how hard I tried to, He still kept his grasp firmly on my waist.

"Don't do this to yourself, Elizabeth." That familiar husky voice whispered softly in my ear, sounding more like a cry than a whisper.

He pulled me back, Up and over the rails again, back to safety.

"Let. Me. Go." I cried, flailing my arms about in attempt to loosen his grasp.

"Believe me, You don't want to do this." He said, Gripping my chin tightly, forcing me to look up at him.

'I do, I really do.'

I still reached for those rails, The Edge of the tower, Which seemed so far away now, even if it were only a few meters.

"Let me do this, I have to," I growled, "I can't live with myself anymore."

He remained silent, As if waiting for something else, So I continued.

"I have no reason to live, I'll only make everything worse if I stay."

'Hundreds If not thousands could die If I ever lost control.'

And at that moment, He did the very last thing I'd expected him to do.

He squeezed my tight, Wrapping his arms around me completely, Hugging Me?

I wanted to fight, To push him away, But I couldn't do it, Especially when he too started to sob silently.

My Entire body froze, Going Limp as soon as he'd squeezed me.

And So I was stuck there, against him warm chest as he held me tight for what felt like forever.

Oddly enough, I liked that warmth, That sound of a steady heartbeat behind that firm wall of black.

"I Once did the very same thing that you were about to do," He whispered almost silently, "Don't do what I did, It'll only get worse."

I couldn't even reply, I was completely breathless and tired, I didn't believe it.

'So I'm not alone? I'm not the only one suffering from something in the past?'

At least I could relax a little bit more now, Even if I absolutely hated him, He'd successfully calmed me down.

Even my quick and short breaths had slowed, No more tears, loud howls and shrieks

Only silence.

My eyes only got even heavier with each minute, My blinking becoming slower and my vision slowly fading until it was all a blur.

"You need to rest." He said, laying my head to rest on his shoulder. 

"N- No, I need to- to-" I trailed off, pointing back towards the night sky, and the land below.

"Rest." He repeated, though a little louder this time.

Everything in my body felt heavy and tired, I didn't bother fighting him this time.

"Sleep."

~

(This one's a short one but it's cute-ish :D)