Chapter 17

The Rush of the wind through my hair felt like freedom as we rode on towards Hogwarts through the Forbidden Forest.

Mal took me a little far ahead of the others, She was and has always been the fastest in the pack.

Even the Professor and his mount couldn't keep up, Though maybe I was going a little too fast.

"Slow down a little, Mal," I said with a pat to her striking silver fur.

She did so, Taking her time to slow enough for the others to catch up.

"You didn't forget about us, Did you, Carlisle?" 

"Huh, What? Was that a Ghost I heard?" I laughed, Whipping my head around, looking anywhere else to avoid his hard glare.

"You can't ignore me forever, You know."

I shrugged, finally looking back at him, Smirking widely.

"Well, I can at least try."

Mal and I passed through another clearing and then another until we reached a gap in the trees, From which we could see Hogwarts clearly, And the sun beginning to dip beyond the Horizon.

It wasn't that much further away, Then they would be safe, Finally.

"Woah," Exclaimed Rey, Gasping at the mere sight of Hogwarts. "I've never seen this place before."

The Professor Interrupted, Walking ahead of the rest of the pack, To my right side.

"We'll have to take them to the Safehouse in Hogsmeade, Hogwarts is far too Dangerous."

'And Plus, All of the girls following are Muggles.' I added in my own mind, not that I was agreeing with him.

"What Safehouse?" I asked, Stopping beside him.

"Dumbledore has prepared the accommodation for the girls in Hogsmeade, They will be safer there."

I released a long sigh, Turning straight towards Hogsmeade and Ordering the others to follow.

"That would've been nicer to know a little earlier on,"

Mal easily made her way up towards Hogsmeade, Even closer to us than Hogwarts.

It didn't take long until we reached the long winding road, where we parted with the wolves.

Mal lead them off while I waved them goodbye, Sending them off with a long howl, which they soon echoed.

 "Are you finished screaming?"

"It's not screaming, It's Howling," I said, walking up to the safehouse, What looked like a tiny little cottage.

But on the inside, It was almost twice the size as the outside, All furnished and set up for them.

"Cool place," said Rey, already curling on the couch in front of the fire. "Ah, Nice and Warm."

"You'll be staying here for now, Until we can contact your Families," I announced to them all, loud and clear. "We will send you back to them shortly after that, Hopefully."

After they finally made themselves at home, I left the room, Stepping outside to view the rest of the town.

I took a deep breath, Breathing in the cold autumn breeze and the strong scent of flowers blooming nearby.

For the first time in a while, I felt tired, really tired.

It was as if all the energy from me was drained from that short trip, Or Maybe it was the riding of wolves.

'Maybe.' I sighed.

"You do know they are being taken care of, We may leave when you're ready," said Snape, Stepping almost silently on the once crunchy, loud orange leaves.

When I didn't answer, He stepped in front of me, Speaking once again.

"And This time, I'll make sure you're locked in your rooms."

"We?" I asked, A Slightly Delayed Answer, "Why We?"

"From now on, You will have to be monitored wherever you go, Only for your safety of course."

'So I really will be locked up in my rooms,'

"And You won't be following me everywhere, Will you?"

He rolled his eyes at me, Hating that thought just as much as I did probably.

"Believe me, I don't want to, But I may just have to."

He outstretched an arm, Waiting for me to take it and Maybe apparate away, Straight back to Hogwarts.

"I think I'll just walk there, I'll get there just fine myself."

I began to walk, Only getting as far as the stone walkway leading away, To Hogsmeade rather than Hogwarts.

His arm gripped my arm tight, But this time it was different. 

I jumped out of his grasp almost immediately, keeping my own arm close to my chest.

His arm felt warm, Too warm, It felt like it had burned my skin, but It hadn't.

There was no sign of harm or anything on my arm, Just that tiniest bit of lingering pain.

"What wrong? Where does it hurt" He said as he dropped beside me, sounding more irritated than caring, not even surprising.

"You fucking burnt me, That's what's wrong," I said, Too distracted to even bother yelling at him this time.

"God's sake, You're freezing," He pointed to my hands, At the ice curling around the tips of my fingers.

"Oh shit."

~

When I woke, I was no longer in that front yard of the village house, But in the bed of the Hospital wing.

Again.

"Hey, You're awake," said Eileen from my right, In a Hospital bed beside mine.

"Why are you here? Why am I here?"

She hopped out of her bed and plonked herself beside me, curling up on the bed whilst she talked.

"Well, I Broke my arm while playing Quidditch, And you apparently blacked out a few hours ago."

"Are you alright? You're not too hurt, Are you?" 

She poked at her arm, Slung in a white strap, Wincing the tiniest bit when she did.

"Nah, I'm Alright, Not all that painful."

I looked down to my own arms, tieing me down with the thinnest bit of string.

But even if it was thin, It was strong as hell, as if it were really made of iron.

My whole body was covered in sweat, Drenched and Soaking even the sheets of my bed.

"Professor Snape told me to tell you to rest, Sleep for as long as you want until you recover."

Right now, All I wanted to do was get up, walk around maybe.

"Sleep." She said, Knowing exactly what I was thinking.

Weirdly enough, I obeyed, Easily falling asleep with Eileen lying curled up beside me.

That night, I had the best sleep ever.

~