Chapter 5

~

The Two of us were seated at the Head table at the front and centre of The Great hall.

All eyes in the hall landed on us as we happily dug into our plates, With Eggs, Toast, Chicken, Anything we wanted was delivered.

"Are we supposed to be up here? Isn't this the staff table?"

I ripped into a chunk of chicken, A simple movement that had the students wincing in horror every time.

"Yes, We are," I said between bites. "As I'm a Guest, I can allow you to join me whenever I like.. I think."

I lifted my goblet to my lips and took a quick sip, leaving my mouth tinted a dark red colour, It was then that a group of the nearest students fled.

"That's not actual blood is it?" Eileen smirked, giggling to herself.

"Nope, It's just beetroot juice." I laughed licking the rest of it off my lips. "And a very delicious one at that."

She stared wide-eyed at my already half cleaned plate, And the other half still full of food.

"I thought you were a Vampire? You know, Don't you just drink blood?"

I finished my goblet of wine in an instant, and As soon as I placed it back down, It refilled quickly, A new full glass of white wine.

"I'm Half, And I can drink blood but I prefer not to," I said. 

"And besides, Why do that when I can eat things like this." I pointed to the plate, burping loudly when I did.

As if ducking from an attack, One entire table of students ahead of me hid under their table, clinging to the wooden legs underneath.

Even Eileen recoiled, Waving her hand in front of her face.

"Orrrr Maybe you should just stick with the blood." She said between coughs.

I shrugged, Waving the empty plate away to be washed and put away.

"If I did, I probably wouldn't be here, I wouldn't be able to stay in this castle without wanting to hurt someone.." I said as we stood and began to walk.

She stayed silent for a second, Now for the first time looking more terrified than I'd ever seen her at all.

"So you'd kill me too? Along with the others?" She asked, Almost as soft as a whisper.

I didn't reply, And clearly, by that, she got her answer.

"That is why I don't drink blood, And I don't think I ever want to at all."  

As much as I didn't want her to know, It would've come out eventually, Or She would've found out herself later on.

Yeah, Not a very good idea...

"Well, I'll still be here for you!" She smiled, Skipping beside me, hugging her scarf tight in her arms.

I only nodded in answer, To distracted to actually speak.

The colours on her scarf caught my eye once again, Stripes of Green and Silver.

Green and Silver?

"So you're a Slytherin, huh?" I said, Still a little surprised by it, But she was.

"Yep, I wanted to be in Hufflepuff though..." She sighed, shoving her hands in her pockets from the cold.

Luckily, I was never bothered by the cold, Since I was born to be naturally cold all the time.

"They hate me though, Just like the Gryffindors, Because I'm different.."

"Different?"

The Bell rung across the school grounds at that very second, From which we both jumped from fright.

"Ah, Class time, Wonderful.." She said once we arrived at the door of the defence against the dark arts.

To My Surprise, Professor Doom Bat awaited at the door, As if he were waiting for something...

"What might you be doing here, Carlisle?" He said A deep and velvety tone that almost angered me just hearing it again.

"I don't see why that's any of your business, Greaseball." 

Beside me, Eileen fought the urge to giggle and grin, but under the hard glare of her Dark and Gloomy Professor, She only shuddered in fear.

"I'm sure you must have somewhere else you could be, Maybe doing something other than stalking students."

"For your information, Drac, I don't stalk anyone and Yes. As a matter of fact, I actually do have somewhere better to be." 

I sent a quick wink Eileen's way as a way of saying both 'farewell' and 'Don't do anything I wouldn't do.' To which she quickly winked back.

Seconds later, I was marching away down the hallway, More to get away from him than anything else.

I couldn't help but feel a little intimidated while around him, A feeling that I was slowly getting used to but still very much hated just as much as I hated him.

Now I just needed to be alone, And to rest.

~