Chapter 15

~

I kept to the shadows as I followed her Ghostly trail, A long line of faded light following her every step.

It was a Slow and Silent walk, Down a completely empty hallway.

It seemed as if we'd been walking forever, Miles away from the Manor.

"So, You must be wondering why you're here." The Ghostly lady said, Looking more like a Queen when she walked.

Her gaze remained ahead of her, Towards the dimly lit path turned a light grey from her ghostly glow.

"Yes, Actually, I am."

She turned to face me once again, swishing the fabrics of her large puffy gown with her graceful movements.

I felt a small wave of a cold invisible air passing through me, A feeling that made my entire body shiver.

"You are no longer safe in that house, Your Father has gotten worse over the years."

'So all along, He really was just faking it, All so that I would come running back to him, So he could use me.'

"How bad is it?" I asked, even if part of me didn't even want to know, or maybe I already knew.

She remained silent, Halting before a large Iron door and forcing the heavy lock aside with ease.

Instead of walking in before me, She only waited by the door for me to go in first, Extending a hand into the dark cell to give it at least a little bit more light.

The rest of the room was lit with a blue-grey glow, Similar to Lady Loriel's, But Darker, Dimmer.

Covering every inch of wall was lines of Pale and Thin young women, Ghostly figures trapped in a deep sleep.

Every single one of them had visible scars and bruises, Dark and Long, Scattered all over their bodies.

"What happened to them?" I stuttered, sounding more like a scared little child in a haunted house.

"Eleazar, Your Father, Tortures young girls for fun, Most of them being Muggleborns."

'I knew my father hated Muggles and Muggleborns, But I never realised he would go this far.'

Even with Me, It wasn't nearly this bad, These girls had lost their lives because of him.

At the End of the room was another hallway, Much shorter than the last and Even brighter as well.

"These are the ones he's killed so far."

30 in total, 30 Young girls roughly about my age, Dead.

And Even if every single one of their eyes were closed, I felt that they were watching my back as I passed.

"Why? Why would he do this?" I muttered.

"Why wouldn't he?" She said, closing her eyes for the shortest second. "He's one of the cruellest men alive, If not the cruellest."

The Door to the room behind me shut closed, Only for another ahead of Me to open.

"I cannot pass this door." She said, "As a Ghost, I am limited with what I can do around here, especially this particular area."

As if sensing her presence, A Transparent wall of red guarded the otherwise empty doorway.

Nothing could be seen or heard beyond it, Protection spells must've been used to keep whatever was in there.

"The Professor Shouldn't be long, He'll be out soon, I hope."

"Aaaand I really couldn't care less about him right now," I said, stretching half of my arm right through the barrier.

Instantly as my hand touched it, It faded, Now only little specks of light and floating dust.

"You should, He cares for you more than you know."

"He hates me just as much as I hate him, If not more so."

I hopped through the doorway quickly and silently, landing on an oddly uneven stone floor, stained with many little streaks of brown.

 It pained me to even look at it, I had to force myself not to gag at the sight of it.

'What you may find in there may shock you, But overall, you will be fine.' I heard her voice say, Even if her lips weren't moving even the slightest bit.

She only bowed as a way of saying Farewell, Before turning away and fading into the darkness.

'Take good care of them.' was her last words, then complete silence.

And when I finally turned back to the room, I could see what she meant by that, 'Take care of them.'

The Whole room was now visible, partly because of the light from the exit, but also from the tiniest balls of light floating in the air.

And like the last room, This one was also lined with damaged young girls chained to the walls.

Though unlike the last room, These girls weren't ghosts at all, No ghostly glow hovering around them.

Not dead, In fact, They were very much alive and awake, All staring up at me with wide teary eyes.

'There were more?'

I couldn't even move, Not one bit, I was completely frozen.

"Holy Shit."

~